Reverse lights

Hi guys, I’ve got a Daf fa45 on an N plate 1996, both lights have stopped working :frowning: .bulbs seem good and wiring at bulbs seems fine. The fuses I’ve found just below steering wheel all fine aswell… any ideas? All other lights work fine

Hamsterblade:
Hi guys, I’ve got a Daf fa45 on an N plate 1996, both lights have stopped working :frowning: .bulbs seem good and wiring at bulbs seems fine. The fuses I’ve found just below steering wheel all fine aswell… any ideas? All other lights work fine

Tried the switch yet? Don’t have a clue where on the gear box it will be maybe Norb, resident DAF expert, will be better suited for that info.

Id try asking in the O/ds forum if I were you, you will get more of the people who play with screwdrivers on a weekend.

Cheers I’ll try there aswell,
Looks like I’m getting dirty tomorrow then, scratting around underneath

Hamsterblade:

It’s not a legal requirement to have them working as long as you have some kind of reversing alarm but I’m sure you know that and they’re worth it when reversing in dark places I appreciate that.

bald bloke:

Hamsterblade:

It’s not a legal requirement to have them working as long as you have some kind of reversing alarm but I’m sure you know that and they’re worth it when reversing in dark places I appreciate that.

There is no “as long as” at all. Reverse lights are not checked on MOT as they are not a legal requirement.
The nearside rear fog light is a spare brake light bulb too :smiley:

5speed box switch is recess in the N/S top of the box…will probably be wiring lol

Cheers for that guys most appreciated

meant to addd with out a 27mm deep injector socket you wont get it out

Cheers guys it was the switch