Revenue generation

Hi all. I wanted to get input with regards to using trailers to make extra cash. I’m looking into starting a company that places 30 inch square ads on trailers on behalf of advertisers to promote their businesses. Is there an apetite out there for Truckers to accept such ads on trailers in return for a monthly fee per ad? Considering the capacity of trailers substantial volumes of ads could be placed, meaning potentially lucrative extra income. Your honest advice would be much appreciated in order to see if this is worth proceeding with. Thanks, Paul, HGVAD, hgvadinfo@gmail.com.

It’s always surprised me that more companies don’t use trailers as mobile advertising boards, I guess one reason could be that most companies won’t want the paintwork damaged when the advert is removed, then of cause there’s the fact that most companies use the trailer to advertise their own company by showing the company name ec’t.
Also you have to remember that these days a lot of trailers are leased rather than owned by the operator, come to think of it there could be a potential market with trailer leasing companies, I don’t know if trailer leasing companies would be interested but it could be worth considering :wink:

One point I would suggest you look at though is would a 30" advert be large enough on a moving vehicle.
You can’t have people needing to get close to the vehicle to read the add when the vehicle is in motion, it can be bloody dangerous but some people will let their curiosity overwhelm their common sense :unamused:
You only have to consider rubberneckers to see the truth of that.

Seeing that you’ve put an email address openly in the post is it reasonable to assume that you like spam in your in-box :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Good luck and welcome to TrucknetUK :wink:

HGVAD:
I’m looking into starting a company that places 30 inch square ads on trailers on behalf of advertisers to promote their businesses.

Thats a great business idea.Ill get started on it right away. :slight_smile:

Mark.

tachograph:
It’s always surprised me that more companies don’t use trailers as mobile advertising boards, I guess one reason could be that most companies won’t want the paintwork damaged when the advert is removed, then of cause there’s the fact that most companies use the trailer to advertise their own company by showing the company name ec’t.
Also you have to remember that these days a lot of trailers are leased rather than owned by the operator, come to think of it there could be a potential market with trailer leasing companies, I don’t know if trailer leasing companies would be interested but it could be worth considering :wink:

One point I would suggest you look at though is would a 30" advert be large enough on a moving vehicle.
You can’t have people needing to get close to the vehicle to read the add when the vehicle is in motion, it can be bloody dangerous but some people will let their curiosity overwhelm their common sense :unamused:
You only have to consider rubberneckers to see the truth of that.

Seeing that you’ve put an email address openly in the post is it reasonable to assume that you like spam in your in-box :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Good luck and welcome to TrucknetUK :wink:

Thanks for the feedback tachograph, it’s much appreciated. Yeh I don’t get enough emails in at the moment!

tachograph:

Oi i object to that :laughing: after seeing my picture in the local rag a few/couple of years ago after ending up with the truck in someone’s front garden :blush:

I admit i was reading the advert on the vehicle in front at 30ish mph when the vehicle a few in front stopped to turn right, obviously my evasive action wasn’t quite quick enough as i took a slight part of the advertising vehicle with me :laughing:

I don’t drive trucks much anymore :sunglasses: :laughing:

I remember people trying this 30 years ago. You could get an ad stuck on your car too. I’m not sure why it didn’t catch on but I suspect that the return just wasn’t enough to make it worthwhile.

Santa:
I remember people trying this 30 years ago. You could get an ad stuck on your car too. I’m not sure why it didn’t catch on but I suspect that the return just wasn’t enough to make it worthwhile.

James Irlam had a few adverts on their trailers, Genesis. M6 Toll etc.

Wabberers and Pekaes have an advert for T Mobile on all their trailers.

autocarwraps.com/who.html

How about earning £200 just for driving to work?

Thanks all for the input, some really good advice there. R&R. Paul.

I admire your spirit HGVAD & good luck with it. I agree with another poster that 30" sq isn’t big enough. 60 better.

A very similar idea was trialled by a co. who’s name escapes me just a few years ago. They were going to place ads on commercial vehicles from car derived vans upto artics.I usually have an ■■■■■■ van around so registered with them for a small fee.

The projected monthly payments to the vehicle owner were very good, perhaps too good … it all collapsed before it got off the ground. I had seriously considered putting a 7.5 or 12 tonner on the road on the back of it as the monthly payments would have subsidised the vehicle running costs.
I was lucky in that the independant agent who had been promoting it was an honest sort and i got my reg. fee returned.

There IS definately money to be made in advertising for anyone who can do it right.

Driveroneuk:
There IS definately money to be made in advertising for anyone who can do it right.

I would have thought so to, just think how often you see a bus without advertising on the sides and back, how often do you see advertising boards stuck on mobiles devises in fields at the side of motorways, companies are obviously paying for it so perhaps the same companies would pay to advertise on trailers.