Returnloads or Haulage exchange

LL79:
It means that hopefully meanwhile you have found work so you are too busy working to read comments here…
If you dont mind stay in truck all week Baron woods always looking for OD and its quite good work…

And they’re rates are not the best.

Ken.

Quinny:

LL79:
It means that hopefully meanwhile you have found work so you are too busy working to read comments here…
If you dont mind stay in truck all week Baron woods always looking for OD and its quite good work…

And they’re rates are not the best.

Ken.

off course not The best but good for start. Good planing is sometimes more than better rates if you spend half day waiting…

So the OP asked if I would go back to being an owner driver:
At the age of 64 its too late in the day for me but I must say I enjoyed the buss of it finding work making money and contacts. Its a different world nowadays with computers and scanners IT etc. I remember having one of the first mobile phones in my cab behind the drivers seat it was so big and cost £1700. Interest rates on an overdraft at the time were 18% above base rate a killer waiting 3 to 4 months to get paid. The biggest mistake I made was having started with a 16 ton GVW curtainsider buying an artic and employing a driver. My advise would be stick with a 18 ton box with tail lift and pick up the work direct from companies the work the big boys do not want.
Very often I would quote a 10 ton rate for 3 tons and put 2 or 3 jobs together and get more than an artic job.

miketdt:
So the OP asked if I would go back to being an owner driver:
At the age of 64 its too late in the day for me but I must say I enjoyed the buss of it finding work making money and contacts. Its a different world nowadays with computers and scanners IT etc. I remember having one of the first mobile phones in my cab behind the drivers seat it was so big and cost £1700. Interest rates on an overdraft at the time were 18% above base rate a killer waiting 3 to 4 months to get paid. The biggest mistake I made was having started with a 16 ton GVW curtainsider buying an artic and employing a driver. My advise would be stick with a 18 ton box with tail lift and pick up the work direct from companies the work the big boys do not want.
Very often I would quote a 10 ton rate for 3 tons and put 2 or 3 jobs together and get more than an artic job.

^^^^^^ This…