Returning to work

Hi all,

I am returning to work after a year and a half off due to a medical condition that is now rectified. My question is:- what is the opinion employers would take on this, also I’m pushing 53 yrs old, would I still be considered, any comments greatly appreciated !!

I’m older than…

Your good self and I’ve had no trouble getting work where I am. During the conversation I always accentuate my experience which I’ve found usually gets the nod of approval. Due to some incredible ■■■■ ups from younger drivers (yeh yeh,old ones ■■■■ up too), there are many firms out there who prefer time served drivers.

If you have a good previous work record, including sick, especially if you can provide references to prove, then there’s no reason why this should work against you.

Mate of mine had over 12 months off due to previous industrial accident, other than that he doesn’t do and has never done sickies, my place welcomed him in (recommended) and nearly 10 years later he hasn’t missed a day and is well respected.

Thanks guys, got a few irons in the fire, see what comes back, thinking about Tramping(possibly) :sunglasses:

I have a health condition ( bad back yeah I know ) never had a problem with work as long as you can do the job that is all they are interested in

I just recently got back into driving after a year off due to cancer treatment, a few companies wouldn’t even give me a return phone call but then got invited in for a chat and then assessment with one company which lead to job offer so I would say that you may have to “shop around” as it was but it shouldn’t be much of an issue for you mate