Returning to driving

Hi all,
I am looking at getting back in to class one driving after having last driven in 2015. In this time my hgv part of my licence has lapsed.
Now I am after some advice… I know that I will have to take a medical but how do you re-apply for the licence and this drivers cpc malarkey how much is it & how long does it take to get it?
It is just the occasional shift that I am after, probably one or two a week, & I wondered if I have to have the full 35 hours of cpc before I start? Btw, 60 years young next month, will this have a bearing on getting work? Had my hgv licence since the '90s.
Thanks for any input

Your entitlement is permanent subject to the medical requirement.
Don’t think there’s any way out of DCPC requirements.

penfold:
Hi all,
I am looking at getting back in to class one driving after having last driven in 2015. In this time my hgv part of my licence has lapsed.
Now I am after some advice… I know that I will have to take a medical but how do you re-apply for the licence and this drivers cpc malarkey how much is it & how long does it take to get it?
It is just the occasional shift that I am after, probably one or two a week, & I wondered if I have to have the full 35 hours of cpc before I start? Btw, 60 years young next month, will this have a bearing on getting work? Had my hgv licence since the '90s.
Thanks for any input

Fill in D2 form and get D4 medical (max £60) then send with licence to DVLA
Need LGV on licence (pre 97 C1 is ok) to get 35 hours dcpc
You can do it online with video or in classroom - I think price for 35 hours is about £250 BUT not certain so wait for others to answer that

If you have a regular mon to fri non driving job then weekly rest rules limit you to one driving shift every other weekend

Cheers for the info.
Re: medical ~ I’ve been told that it’s £150 for medical at doctors!

That’ll be at someones GP.
Google about a bit, they’re out there around 60-80 quid.

Regarding the age thing?

I came back from abroad after 14 years or so, work had dried up.
I’m now 63.

Long story short, got taken on by John Lewis, did 15 months with them, hard work but well paid.
Decided to leave, various reasons, age NOT being one of them.

Interview/started a new job the week after, veh recovery.

It’s not so much age nowadays, as long as you’re reasonably fit, it’s more attitude.

Good luck.