Returning to Driving

I am intending to return to driving after being made redundant from a management position in a completely different industry. My licence expired in June 2014 as I didn’t take my medical thinking I no longer needed my licence. Hopefully someone can help me with the following questions.

Do I need to retake my LGV Test (I was Class 1)?

When applying for a replacement driver card do I apply for a “New” one or an “Expired” one?

CPC was only just coming in when I stopped driving professionally, how do I go about starting to get the CPC qualifications started and can I do it on line?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice you can offer.

Is your C+E still showing on photo card ?
If so then no to taking a retest but you may want to think about just booking a refresher course

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You will regain your full entitlement simply by taking a medical (D4 form).

As your driver card as expired, that’s how you complete the driver card form.

If you wish, you can complete driver cpc online. Just do a Google search. Remember that cheapest is rarely best. And up to date knowledge is vital for anyone in your position (or for anyone else for that matter!).

As said, a refresher would be a good plan so you dont mess up on a pre-employment assessment drive.

All the best; let me know if I can help further.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Digi card - this would be a renewal - £19 I believe.

Reinstating licence - D4 form completed by doctor and a D2 form ticking renewal, plus send existing photocard. I don’t think it costs anything.

CPC - it would make sense that you haven’t touched CPC at all if you stopped in 2014. 35 hours or technically you could do the initial CPC if you have never had a CPC card before.

Regards the CPC, some agencies run courses on their premises with a freelance CPC trainer. You sometimes get a reasonable deal with the trainer paying on the door. Otherwise it would be a training provider with premises or even online at the moment.