Returning to driving for a living

Well it must be over 20years since I passed my Class 1 Test (sorry C+E) :unamused: After years of not going near
a truck and following a different career path I am going to make a comeback. Although before I do I am going to book
a 1 day refresher just to blow the cobwebs off (so to speak)

I was brought up in the Haulage game, my old fella (now deceased) used to be a Motor Body Builder / Vehicle repairer
in Bolton. So from a kid I got the chance to “play” in trucks reversing them into the workshop, and manovering in the yard.

You know despite all the traffic, and delays these days (and being warned by people in the game) not to bother I am actually excited
at a thought of driving again. Great to have found these forums though I am spending way to much time reading the threads though !

:open_mouth:

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome yonmons :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

yonmons:
After years of not going near a truck and following a different career path I am going to make a comeback. Although before I do I am going to book a 1 day refresher just to blow the cobwebs off (so to speak)

good idea - but you will only need half a day - make sure any reversing is done ‘real life’ and not with cones

Many rules have changed so some of these are likely to be very useful…

Download the 8 page D4 Medical Form Please print (colour, not black & white)
£49 MEDICALS
cheap medical places around the UK

DIGI CARD FORM (Print in colour only)

EU DRIVER REGS

VOSA GUIDE

RT(WTD)R guide

THE PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC

DIGI TACHO GUIDES

Cheers ROG will have a browse over the weekend, got my digi card, but already picked up a tip off the forums about having to carry with you at all times, even if not used !!