Return to the road

I’m 38 been working as a security supervisor for the last 3 years after mistakenly giving up life on the road when I was working for 3663 on class 2’s out of Scarisbrick for 3 years,
I’ve decided that I need a return to the road,as I miss the getting about of it all and sitting in a CCTV control room for 60 hours a week ain’t for me,Well it seems easier said than done I’ve tried most of the agencies around where I live Driverhire included but was met with the same response ‘you have been off the road too long,You will need a few days refresher before we will take you or even give you a light van job’

Surely there must be an easier way back into this,trying to find a way back in is starting to be just as hard as getting a first step on the ladder after passing my test over 10 years ago,I’ve got a class 1 Licence ok admittedly only about 2 years experience over that time,and I’m currently in the middle of my driver CPC Course that I’m doing with Mercedes Benz Road Range so I am making the effort but I’m being met with a brick wall.

Does anyone have any Ideas or advice as to what I can do?
Thanks
Chris

Just keep trying Chris there are people oout there who will give you a chance mate its just finding one then that will lead to other work dont let it get you down … you will hear no a good few times but when you hear yes that will be a big bonus …best of luck …

Do what the agencies do. Lie. They don’t check anything…

Have you tried getting in touch with your old depot at 3663?

Run up to Xmas is well in now so they might jump at the opportunity of someone who knows the job and products. Even if its a couple of weeks its still fresh experience and a weekly wage.

LR18-8:
Have you tried getting in touch with your old depot at 3663?

Run up to Xmas is well in now so they might jump at the opportunity of someone who knows the job and products. Even if its a couple of weeks its still fresh experience and a weekly wage.

its not there anymore they shut it and moved it over to salford