Return of the super trooper South Yorkshire

WARNING southyorks.police.uk/news/27 … us-driving

You know you shouldn’t do it, don’t do it, especially in South Yorkshire for the next few weeks.

Stay safe

OK,its a Mercedes.
But ask the Administrations if they are also member of TNuk.Noticed lately a couple new Members who offend everyone here.
The one i counted 180 posts and 90% were attacking others or thems Posts.Dont think thats conform with Rules,but we cant shoot them.

They are still doing there job & having very easy pickings so i’m told, take care everywhere not just in South Yorkshire

I wonder if the Police have authorisation to disable the speed limiter in that wagon they use. If not then they can’t do you as they’re using illegal means. All speed limiters have to be calibrated to 85kph/53MPH give or take a couple of percent. So if they’re passing every wagon their speed limiter is either disabled or not calibrated correctly.

Conor:
I wonder if the Police have authorisation to disable the speed limiter in that wagon they use. If not then they can’t do you as they’re using illegal means. All speed limiters have to be calibrated to 85kph/53MPH give or take a couple of percent. So if they’re passing every wagon their speed limiter is either disabled or not calibrated correctly.

Wrong, Trucks can legally do 60MPH I believe and trucks get limited to 56mph/89kph … the vehicle is a Police Vehicle and not being used to carry goods … therefore will be exempt from EU directives … the police Officer whilst on duty probs doesnt even need a tacho in the motor … would like to know where the law says tehy have to be limited to 53 mph ?

Agreed Trucks CAn do 60MPH legally.
legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1984/27/schedule/6

Road speed limiter regs are here
transportsfriend.org/road/rsl.html

dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/H … ration.pdf

Wheel Nut:
http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/HGV%20Speed%20Limiter%20Exemption%20Declaration.pdf

Cheers Wheel, I thought it didnt have to be limited, so a warning if you see a actros coming up at 75mph you no who it is lol

So what speed are their units doing? Are they limited to 60 or can they go above to catch up?

I would guess that that unit could be deplated to 7.5 tonnes as it never pulls a trailer hence can legally do 70 on the motorway

discoman:

Wheel Nut:
http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/HGV%20Speed%20Limiter%20Exemption%20Declaration.pdf

if you see a actros coming up at 75mph you no who it is lol

■■ It’s Limeyphil in his Nolans truck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

discoman:

Conor:

Wrong, Trucks can legally do 60MPH I believe and trucks get limited to 56mph/89kph … the vehicle is a Police Vehicle and not being used to carry goods … therefore will be exempt from EU directives … the police Officer whilst on duty probs doesnt even need a tacho in the motor … would like to know where the law says tehy have to be limited to 53 mph ?

Please show me where in my post I said the speed limit for trucks is not 60MPH.

The law saying they have to be limited to 53MPH is the EU directive which states that all vehicles from a certain year 7.5t and over must be fitted with them and calibrated to 85KPH over a certain weight.