Return load network

Anyone got a review of this network or similar, do they work, do you get paid if so is it prompt■■?

No it just speeds up the race to the bottom ,I say to those that use them have a good think about what happens when your main customer for out going loads starts using such websites ?

I wish we were making enough on our outward loads and had sufficient backload contacts to never need the services of online backloaders, the one we use just puts you in contact with the company selling the load and we’ve always been paid. We probably only resort to this every couple of months but when you have an empty vehicle 200 miles away and can load that day & tip the next within 20 miles of base for £300 I’m not ashamed to take the load.

They’re no good if they make up 50% of your workload, but OK as a means to an end.

Ross.

We have made some good contacts these types of websites (returnloads.net) and have filled our vehicles on return journeys so they do come in useful. I agree with the others that you should not use these type of networks as your primary source of work but they are beneficial.

£300for 200 miles why come home empty and get another real load

tribsa:

We’ve got an artic tipping in Ilford every day this week and up to & including tomorrows load I’ve used back loaders, tomorrow my lad will be loading in Harlow back to Liverpool for £340 & should be empty at 8:30 Thursday morning.

Why wouldn’t you?

Hi Bigr 250
I have heard of worse but still only about £1,50 a mile & two days instead of one what size vehicle is this .
Cheers
Rich

bigr250:

tribsa:

We’ve got an artic tipping in Ilford every day this week and up to & including tomorrows load I’ve used back loaders, tomorrow my lad will be loading in Harlow back to Liverpool for £340 & should be empty at 8:30 Thursday morning.

Why wouldn’t you?

Makes sense but if it’ll fit in with what you have.

tribsa:
Hi Bigr 250
I have heard of worse but still only about £1,50 a mile & two days instead of one what size vehicle is this .
Cheers
Rich

Rich, we’ve been delivering to Ilford so this is strictly a get us home back load & £1.70 a mile is better than nothing for bringing the trailer back empty. Tomorrows Ilford has a load from Milton Keynes to Skelmersdale, only paying £300, but he should be loaded by mid day & with 24hr unloading after a ‘9’ off he’ll be tipped by 5am Sat & parked up in the yard and on his way home by 7am.

Not a fantastic rate but this is the least we’ve been paid this week on our 5 loads to Ilford, the 5 return loads have grossed us £1,640 & if anyone out there says that it’s not enough all I’ll ask it ‘what would you have done? run all 5 home empty’?

In an ideal world we’d be able to charge enough going out to run back empty, but in the real world we have to do what we have to do, and that’s keep our drivers in work, make enough money to keep them in decent equipment and make a small profit.

tribsa:
Hi Bigr 250
Cheers
Rich

Sorry, forgot to say, it’s a 44 ton artic with 13.6m curtain sider.

bigr250:

tribsa:
Hi Bigr 250
Cheers
Rich

Rich, we’ve been delivering to Ilford so this is strictly a get us home back load & £1.70 a mile is better than nothing for bringing the trailer back empty. Tomorrows Ilford has a load from Milton Keynes to Skelmersdale, only paying £300, but he should be loaded by mid day & with 24hr unloading after a ‘9’ off he’ll be tipped by 5am Sat & parked up in the yard and on his way home by 7am.

Not a fantastic rate but this is the least we’ve been paid this week on our 5 loads to Ilford, the 5 return loads have grossed us £1,640 & if anyone out there says that it’s not enough all I’ll ask it ‘what would you have done? run all 5 home empty’?

In an ideal world we’d be able to charge enough going out to run back empty, but in the real world we have to do what we have to do, and that’s keep our drivers in work, make enough money to keep them in decent equipment and make a small profit.

+1 totally agree, backloading is best for business and all this reducing carbon footprint

backload:
Anyone got a review of this network or similar, do they work, do you get paid if so is it prompt■■?

We use it & I have to say it has worked really well for us & we have made some great contacts from it. But be sure it is a “backload” site & I wouldnt ever use it as a main source of “outbound” work

Knightfromnormy:

backload:

We use it & I have to say it has worked really well for us & we have made some great contacts from it. But be sure it is a “backload” site & I wouldnt ever use it as a main source of “outbound” work

My only complaint about the site we use is that they constantly canvas us with offers of loads from Liverpool and surrounding areas rather than loads to this area, like Birkenhead to Glasgow with a flat trailer for £400!!

No thank you!!

bigr250:

Knightfromnormy:

backload:

My only complaint about the site we use is that they constantly canvas us with offers of loads from Liverpool and surrounding areas rather than loads to this area, like Birkenhead to Glasgow with a flat trailer for £400!!

No thank you!!

You can change your settings so that you dont receive those offers if its returnloads that your using

Knightfromnormy:
You can change your settings so that you dont receive those offers if its returnloads that your using

Thanks, I’ll attend to that on Monday!! :wink: