Retro truck show

Did any of u folks attend,it was a good show,grim weather on the sat but today was grand,i met switchlogic as well! Was nice to meet u luke!!

eddster1979:
Did any of u folks attend,it was a good show,grim weather on the sat but today was grand,i met switchlogic as well! Was nice to meet u luke!!

Where was it mate?
That is the type of truck show I enjoy, what was there and any pics?

Good to meet you too. It was at the British Motor Museum at Gaydon. I actually enjoyed the museum more, the truck show was rather Scania heavy and a good proportion of them anything but retro. My favourite was the Leyland T45 Interstate

I nearly bought one of those when they first came out, think it was about 87. Could not get a decent deal on a part ex Iveco 190 30, so went for a …wait for it… Ford Cargo, :blush: , settled for 4th best, but the deal was good…but the truck wasn’t. :smiley:

One show i must go and visit but not had the time yet! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

switchlogic:
Good to meet you too. It was at the British Motor Museum at Gaydon. I actually enjoyed the museum more, the truck show was rather Scania heavy and a good proportion of them anything but retro. My favourite was the Leyland T45 Interstate

Yeah it was pretty full of scanias,your right the museum’s are really interesting mate

switchlogic:

Saw that this evening heading south on the M5, very tidy looking truck

Like ‘switchlogic’, I was rather taken by the Interstate Leyland, too! Us old ■■■■■ on the old-timers forum have got a thread on this event as well. Here’s the link, chaps:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=140493

Happy blogging! Robert

Just noticed there is another classic show advertised for the end of October at Donnington park

hanson:
Just noticed there is another classic show advertised for the end of October at Donnington park

If it is “classics” I’d guess it will be 50s and 60s trucks,I always think “retro” refers to the 80s 90s stuff…
Could be wrong about the donnington show though it might include all

Yes Retro means 80s and 90s up to 2000 but this rule really wasn’t kept to so as a result there really were far too many modern lorries. In fact I’d say the split between old and new was almost the same as you’d get at a normal truckshow which is very disappointing when you’ve come to look at oldies. I still enjoyed it though and the museum is wonderful. I just hope the organisers are a little more strict next year.

switchlogic:
Yes Retro means 80s and 90s up to 2000 but this rule really wasn’t kept to so as a result there really were far too many modern lorries. In fact I’d say the split between old and new was almost the same as you’d get at a normal truckshow which is very disappointing when you’ve come to look at oldies. I still enjoyed it though and the museum is wonderful. I just hope the organisers are a little more strict next year.

Yes think I’m going next year,can’t believe Iv never been to the museum…
I class retro as up to 2004 ish myself…but my favourite retro truck is a mk1 fh with a few subtle tweeks like alloys and a few lights.

hanson:

Is it a Saturday show, or Sunday or both. Wouldn’t mind a look.
Just been on the web site and there is no mention of it.
(unless I’ve missed it :unamused: )

Couldn’t make the show, but I was driving home near there on Sunday and got overtaken (rapidly!!!) by an old ABC 123J reg, red unit, looks absolutely pristine. That would put it as early 1970’s I think. Sadly I didn’t get a look at the front, and my truck recognition isn’t up to the classics!

robroy:

hanson:

It’s on trucking live website Saturday 29th of October

yorkshire terrier:

hanson:

If it is “classics” I’d guess it will be 50s and 60s trucks,I always think “retro” refers to the 80s 90s stuff…
Could be wrong about the donnington show though it might include all

Yeah I knows there’s a difference just thought people mite be interested in older stuff
It’s nothing to do with the other truck show they have there that was earlier in the year

hanson:

robroy:

hanson:

It’s on trucking live website Saturday 29th of October

No good for me then, I run back in on a Saturday, but thanks anyway.