Retro truck experience days

Can anybody help? I see on the internet that truck experiences are being offered by various providers. These are often an hour with a truck on a private site, e.g. a disused airfield, splitting the hour between instruction and a short drive. I am thinking of doing this to relive my trucking days back in the 1970s/80s but the offered trucks all look modern. I really want an old ERF or similar cab with the rangechange gearshift.

Does anybody know of any retro truck experience on offer? My licence lapsed years ago so I would need to be on private land although I could still drive one of the smaller Ford D series cabs on public roads under reserved rights (I am 68). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I don’t know anyone who does this but I became friends with a bloke not far from me who had a 1978 Kenworth cabover as a hobby truck that he let me drive around the block. I live in the US now and joined an Antique truck club, there’s probably one over there. Of course goin to the truck shows is a great way to meet people but shows are canceling left and right over here.

Good luck Mate.

MarkPretireddriver:
Can anybody help? I see on the internet that truck experiences are being offered by various providers. These are often an hour with a truck on a private site, e.g. a disused airfield, splitting the hour between instruction and a short drive. I am thinking of doing this to relive my trucking days back in the 1970s/80s but the offered trucks all look modern. I really want an old ERF or similar cab with the rangechange gearshift.

Does anybody know of any retro truck experience on offer? My licence lapsed years ago so I would need to be on private land although I could still drive one of the smaller Ford D series cabs on public roads under reserved rights (I am 68). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi
If you go on Google,look up “Iron Horse Motor Lines”. Based near Oxford.He does driver day experiences with his bonneted American trucks.Hes an old mate of mine,Mark Wareing.you can see his number and email address in this screenshot.
Regards Andrew.

pete 359:

MarkPretireddriver:
Can anybody help? I see on the internet that truck experiences are being offered by various providers.

Does anybody know of any retro truck experience on offer?

Hi
If you go on Google,look up “Iron Horse Motor Lines”. Based near Oxford.He does driver day experiences with his bonneted American trucks.Hes an old mate of mine,Mark Wareing.you can see his number and email address in this screenshot.
Regards Andrew.

Andrew. - Thank you for the suggestion. Please bear in mind that what I am looking for is a British retro experience in a 1970s/80s truck preferably an ERF (A or B series) or Foden with a rangechange gearshift as that was most of my working experience after I started out in Ford D series (although I would still enjoy having a go on one of those). I will have a look at Mark’s website.