Retro Show Gaydon 2013

Just a reminder that this weekend is the Retro Show at Gaydon. I was there this afternoon and was shown the entry list. It looks like the ‘Steel Boys’ have organised another great show for this year. So if you like motors from the 70s onwards I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with the entries that are already booked in.
I think Saturday is mostly a setting up day with the main day on Sunday.

I was at Askeys today they were getting the N reg Daf 95 ready for the Daf stand,it looks like it could be for sale soon!

We will start thursday evening and cross the channel on friday.
Do i have to say that we are really looking forward it? :smiley:
Hopefully the weather is on our side.

We will be there with our camera on Sunday to meet some friends and take some pics.
Cheers Dave.

Should be going Sunday.

Quite a few entries from Scotland. Craig’s, Murdoch’s, Anderson’s and a few others are booked in.

Unterflur:
We will start thursday evening and cross the channel on friday.
Do i have to say that we are really looking forward it? :smiley:
Hopefully the weather is on our side.

Hi Jorg sent you PM !!

I’m going tomorrow for the weekend. :smiley:

Hi Neil,
See you in magor at 7pm, i told dai " met office" echo earlier :laughing: .
Regards andrew.

Hi all have a good week end . Take loads of pictures and may be. Some videos ? Have a good one . Tony

Come on you lot where are the pictures !!! ? lol . No seriously can’t wait till the pictures are coming on here . Tony

mercman123:
Come on you lot where are the pictures !!! ? lol . No seriously can’t wait till the pictures are coming on here . Tony

Will try to put some on here later today ,…WHEN…and…IF I manage to find out how to combine my new-fangled laptop
and printer :confused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: .

Thanks must go to all the Retro Show organizers ,… and also to the bloke in the red hat who was observed boozing on ■■■■■■■■ Beer instead of that ( out-of-space :unamused: :laughing: ) Jupiter pop . :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers , cattle wagon man.

Glad you had a good time . Hope the lap top plays ball ! Tony

Did anyone plan to go and then pull out because of the weather? I changed my mind at Banbury when it chcked it down. Took the family shopping, just wasn’t gambling on the rain given the cost of entry.

Muckaway:
Did anyone plan to go and then pull out because of the weather? I changed my mind at Banbury when it chcked it down. Took the family shopping, just wasn’t gambling on the rain given the cost of entry.

We decided not to go on Saturday night Nathan, due to the poor weather forecast for Sunday. Cost of fuel and entry £70 to get wet and cold, just didn’t seem worth it. Pity because Gaydon is a good venue. Hope for good weather next year.
Cheers Dave.

The weather was the same reason for me
I had even persuaded the missus to come aswell,
She must of been rain dancing.

I couldn’t make my mind up weather to go or not. In the end I didn’t bother, its a long way for me to go and the weather forcast was a bit grim. My mate went and said it was a bit of a disappointment so i’m glad I did,nt bother. Think I’ll stick to the traditional Gayden show which is always pretty good. I usually go up for the whole weekend which makes it a bit more worthwhile when coming up from Kent.

If only I could get the pictures to load up…grrrrrrrrrrrr

Show had some trucks not seen before, against a booked in 276, there were a good 220 plus trucks on show, they had some German classics, F10 and 141, Middle East spec, good effort to those boys for coming over, also some class stuff from Belgium,LAR show.
Saturday was fine, Sunday was cold, but rain held off till around 4.30, thing is with the venue there is always the museum . So all good, folks seemed to like the atmosphere, and retro trucks, I was was just glad to sit down after a 2 day marshalling …great work Lee and the team, once the PC plays ball will load some pictures, but South Wales and Lance Biscombe thread have some on them…

Problem with Gaydon museum, is it’s the same every year. There’s only so many times you can be fooled into thinking British Leyland/Rover built good cars. On top of that, food and drink is below average and very expensive/extortionate.

Just arrived home after starting near Gatwick (thanks a lot to douglas again for his great hospitality) at 6 o’clock in the morning. :smiley:

This show was really great!
We saw many lorries we only knew from the internet and which had been seen never before in germany at a festival (hope maybe one day a few come over to us).
We couldn’t believe that this show with nearly 200-250 lorries is one of the smaller shows in england.

The weather wasn’t too bad at all with no rain on saturday and only a little on sunday.
The whole trip was without any problems or breakdowns and all the british people were really, really friendly.
For me every liter of diesel it was worth!

Last bot not least a big “Thank you” to the steelboys, who organized this show!

Regards!
Jörg