retest

if i fail my test next week how much is it for a retest without anymore training .i am hoping to pass 1st time but because ive never drove anything bigger than my car i would be surprised if i do pass .i dont get why you only have 4 days to learn surely it isnt that simple

round our way its £115,a bloke at our place has failed twice(class1)…i think thats includes a 2 drive before the test aswell■■?

The DSA fee for the LGV test is £115. But you would need to add around £150 on top of that for truck hire.

emmajane:
i dont get why you only have 4 days to learn surely it isnt that simple

It’s not like learning to drive a car because before that you don’t know anything about driving. If you’ve been driving cars for a long time and have plenty road sense then all you need training for is how to handle a larger vehicle. It’s not like you need to learn how to change gear, do hill starts and approach islands etc as you should already know most of it.

4 days felt like enough for me. If you feel you might need more book a longer course, it’s your choice.

thanks for that terry ,i feel a bit more confident now .im a good driver i think just reverse is not a strong point of mine .ive got a clean licence since 1994 so i must be doing something right :laughing:

emmajane:
thanks for that terry ,i feel a bit more confident now .im a good driver i think just reverse is not a strong point of mine .ive got a clean licence since 1994 so i must be doing something right :laughing:

Only cause you never been caught :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Reverse is not my strong point but tbh not sure if it is many

This is why you are having some lessons to learn how to drive like that

( as i am 147 cm & approx. 45kg & i have done it so why cant you :question: )

emmajane:
ive never drove anything bigger than my car

Not a problem as I was essentially in the same position. It’s also an advantage as some drivers with 7.5t experience can be complacent about driving a cat. C whereas ‘car’ drivers take it more seriously.

You will be fine, have confidence in yourself. Just listen to everything your taught. i came straight from a car and passed both cat C and C+E so you can do the same. It’s all about taking it alot slower, dont try to drive it like your car it simply wont happen! I wish you all the best in your training, have fun and enjoy it :slight_smile:

I agree, you’ll be surprised how quick you pick it up. Remember, you’re not learning to drive, you can already do that…you’re just learning to adapt your technique to a different sized beast! That, and learn how to use the ■■■■ gearbox!!!

It may depend on how close your training provider is from the test centre & also whether or not you want to do a couple of hours driving before test, you would have the cost of test £115 + training &vehicle hire for the duration & vat . Dont think about failing-Think posative for your test, but if you realy think your not ready disscus this with your trainer. Hope you enjoy your training & good luck with your test :smiley:

thanks everyone for the great advice .IM GONNA PASS THIS TEST if its the last thing i do

ll hows that for confidence lol

if i fail my test next week how much is it for a retest without anymore training .

For pity’s sake, ask your trainer!! He’s the ONLY person who can answer the question.

But you don’t need to know 'cos you’re going to pass straight away. Positive mental attitude. Good luck :laughing: :laughing:

Take your time on the test, when you do the reverse take a few seconds to work out in your mind exactly what you have to do but for Gawd’s sake don’t go along expecting to fail otherwise you will simply give off the aroma of failure and failing will become a self-fulfilling prophesy… modest, but confident is the approach. :wink:

Be confident,be confident,BE CONFIDENT!! focus.glass half full. good luck,cheers,carl.

emmajane:
thanks everyone for the great advice .IM GONNA PASS THIS TEST if its the last thing i do

ll hows that for confidence lol

That’s more like it :laughing: :laughing:

The training companies normally assess how long it will take to train you. When I did my class 2, I did 3 practice days and test on the 4th, although I had driven heavy plant before so I was prepared for some of it…My instructor told me the examiner isn’t looking to see if you can drive; you have a car license already, they’re looking to see that you can operate the vehicle safely…