Retest recommendations

Hi, I failed my cat c last week and been told by lgvtraining that it would be £499. The company I took my test with won’t take me as they are tied into a contract with lgvtraining even though it would be half the price for me if they took me. I live in Coventry, does anyone have any recommendations on where I could look for a reputable company that doesn’t charge he earth. Many thanks

i doubt any other training company will take you straight to your test. They would want you to take the full course (or part of the course if you are lucky to negotiate).

Looks like another victim of these broker ■■■■■■

true.

however i don’t quite understand why the company does not take you for your retest and what contract you/they are talking about?

can’t see you have many options but negotiate with the training company directly (not the bloody broker)

Apparently they are locked in for 6 months and can’t take me as per heir contract… Unfortunately I used a broker which is a lesson learnt! Everything they sell is double the price. I have called a couple of places up and they are cheaper and willing to take us. Fingers crossed

please state your location - there is a number of instructors on this forum

Coventry, West Midlands. Happy to go Birmingham or Leicester if need be.

Please name the broker also so people do not use this, I cant believe you used a broker! Try and read up about anything you are unsure of or drop a regular poster a pm as most are happy to help.

Burn the broker! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I did some refresher training with ATT in Hinckley, Alan there was excellent. Wish I’d done my earlier training there.

You should be able to cope with doing a day including test with a new school so call around the schools recommended within the list in my signature below

Try and get a school which uses the same gearbox as the one you have already trained on

How did you get on, any update on the situation?

Went with Jcoates and they were pretty good.

Casba1981:

There you go Ash mate, the full story right here! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Casba1981:

Are they a broker or direct trainer? What did they charge you?

I’m interested in cat1 training in Coventry region.

I originally went with Hgvtraining company… don’t go to them. I only went with the test with J Coates and it was just over £300. I’m sure they do courses all in but not sure how much they charge. Just shop around and find out more about them before booking. It’s cheaper to do the theory tests at the gov website as these larger companies wants 4 X as much just for the theories! It’s a long road. Took me a year to get this far.

CovGuy:
I’m interested in cat1 training in Coventry region.

EASY - DATA academy Leicester just off M1/M69 junction