Retest cancellation

Hi guys

I hope someone can help.

I have a Class 2 retest booked for next Friday 2nd December.

Due to personal issues, I now can’t make that day.

I called the driving school this morning, to advise them that I can’t make it. They told me that it’s too late to cancel it and there’s nothing they can do.

I didn’t ask for my money back, I simply wanted to reschedule the test date. I was told it’s not possible.

Is there really nothing that can be done? Is one week notice from me insuffieicient notice?

Cheers

Unless its changed it was three clear work days notice to cancel a test

I think they are trying it on mate.

gov.uk/cancel-driving

Not sure why they would though.

It’s possible to cancel the test and obtain a refund from DVSA if it’s done on Monday - three clear working days notice. However it may be difficult for the school to fill the gap left in their schedule but you need to check their t’s and c’s.

Generally trainers would accommodate this sort of change without too much problem. The exception comes when it’s the same candidate doing it several times. That just gets boring! Another situation which happens is that someone wants to reschedule but cant understand why there is a longish wait and they might not be able to get exactly what they want. This will be down to test/vehicle and trainer availability. Everything has to synchronise for it to work properly.

Maybe talk to the manager/owner and see what happens.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

As a valued customer we would definately let you reschedule the test. First option would be to offer it to other students if we had any retests pending. Next would be to exchange the slot with another trainer. Finally we would cancel the test for a refund.

It is extremely unlikely that slot will just be wasted. I have known trainers sell the appointment to more than one candidate in these circumstances.