Restores your faith a tad

robroy:

dozy:
53 mph just creates another rolling road block on the A1, does my head in , causes ■■■■■■■ mayhem with lorries trying to get round you , cars streaming down lane 2 not wanting to let you out , bloody selfish driving
Will get next weeks journal , should have what really happened , side swiped the car would be my guess

Aye you tel him dozy,.even Conor told him he was a …‘‘crap driver’’. :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
A picture is starting to form of your driving abilities Maoster lolol

what was the guys excuse for running into the back of you■■?

Looks an absolute minter, maybe even the original dealers sticker in the back window too. Hope he gets it repaired without going through insurance and never drives it himself again as he’s clearly incapable, she needs to be a show pony

msgyorkie:
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
A picture is starting to form of your driving abilities Maoster lolol

Also true :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

cooper1203:
what was the guys excuse for running into the back of you■■?

He had absolutely no recollection of it. If I was a betting man I’d put money on him nodding off as he was well into his 80’s and had been driving without a stop for three hours prior to meeting my trailer

I don’t think dozy’s future is in Accident Investigation. :smiley:
Zero damage to side of car.,.with full front impact damage …equals a Side Swipe? :neutral_face: …hmmm.
It’s a bit like a CSI guy finding a bloke tied and bound with multiple stab wounds being Verdict suicide. :smiley:

robroy:
I don’t think dozy’s future is in Accident Investigation. :smiley:
Zero damage to side of car.,.with full front impact damage …equals a Side Swipe? :neutral_face: …hmmm.
It’s a bit like a CSI guy finding a bloke tied and bound with multiple stab wounds being Verdict suicide. :smiley:

Not just any old suicide, the most awful and obvious suicide he’s ever investigated. :laughing: :laughing:

dozy:
53 mph just creates another rolling road block on the A1, does my head in, bloody selfish driving

Bit of an issue when your trucks are limited to 53 as ours are, you really are a tool aren’t you!

The old boy was wrong about the number of XR4s still on the road. There are about 90 XR4i’s still out there and taxed, plus another 700-odd declared SORN (although GOK how many of those are still viable). There are about 120 XR4x4’s taxed, plus another 900 or so on SORN.

howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=Sierra … mit=Search

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

the maoster:
Passing Grantham this morning with the cruise set at 53mph I felt a bang, looked in my mirrors and saw a cloud of rubber smoke. I immediately thought I’d had a blowout and continued 200 yards to the next lay-by. Once I stopped I noticed a damaged car way behind me. My immediate thought was that my tyre had come off and clouted his car. Turns out this was not the case as confirmed to me by a witness who pulled in behind me and said that the guy had overtaken him at over 70mph and had simply ran into the back of me with no deviation or braking!

The fact that I was on the phone to Robroy at the time was purely coincidental :smiley: :smiley:

Anyhoo, as I trekked back to get the bewildered pensioner out of his car and take the relevant pictures I was pleased to see that every single passing lorry moved across to lane two whilst every single arse in a car skimmed past with inches to spare! Edit to add; click on the pic and it’s the right way up.

Looks like an old-school Ford ■■■■■■?

Roymondo:
The old boy was wrong about the number of XR4s still on the road. There are about 90 XR4i’s still out there and taxed, plus another 700-odd declared SORN (although GOK how many of those are still viable). There are about 120 XR4x4’s taxed, plus another 900 or so on SORN.

I kinda thought that tbh.
Is it maybe a limited edition, ?
.I was gonna say it could also be a Sierra Sapphire Cosworth but I don’t think so.

robroy:

Roymondo:

.I was gonna say it could also be a Sierra Sapphire Cosworth but I don’t think so.

Sapphire version didn’t have the big wing across the rear window - and was never badged as XR4 anyway.

Roymondo:

robroy:

Roymondo:

Sapphire version didn’t have the big wing across the rear window - and was never badged as XR4 anyway.

Ok,.I stand corrected, you obviously know more about them than me.

Was going to add that A-prefix on the number plate strongly suggests 1983 registration (unless it’s on a private plate), which predates the Sapphire by a few years.

Roymondo:
Was going to add that A-prefix on the number plate strongly suggests 1983 registration (unless it’s on a private plate), which predates the Sapphire by a few years.

Oh yeh of course.
I remember the mk1 Cosworths being as far as D …86?

Always thought the Sapphire was an especially pretty car, and its still the case among all the gopping cloned blobs people buy these days.

Anecdotally, among the many missed investments over my life, when insurance rates were sky high there was a mint Sapphire Cosworth for sale in a local showroom for iirc £5000, when i tried to insure it in my 30s the premium was near enough the cost of the car, just didn’t have that kind of dosh and who would have thought then how old fast Fords would become so sought after.
Lord above knows what that’s now worth, mind you keeping such cars in good order costs a fair amount money every year unless you have the luxury of air conditioned storage.

Ford’s naming department must’ve lacked imagination, eh?

youtu.be/f-NsWVSDwIA

robroy:

Roymondo:

Oh yeh of course.

Yes - only produced for a year or so in 3-door form from 1986-7. As an aside, they didn’t use the same bodyshell as the XR4i, the latter having an additional pillar in the large rear side windows which the Cosworth version did not have.

Sapphire Cosworth came along in 1988, only in 4-door form and without the HUGE wing on the back (which had been a necessary feature on the hatchback body to counter the thing’s tendency to generate significant lift at high speed…)

Roymondo:

robroy:

Roymondo:

Oh yeh of course.

Yes - only produced for a year or so in 3-door form from 1986-7. As an aside, they didn’t use the same bodyshell as the XR4i, the latter having an additional pillar in the large rear side windows which the Cosworth version did not have.

Sapphire Cosworth came along in 1988, only in 4-door form and without the HUGE wing on the back (which had been a necessary feature on the hatchback body to counter the thing’s tendency to generate significant lift at high speed…)

The whale tail was added,to give more grip to the rear, was non-function below 70mph, when being tested they suffered from lack of,also it was a benefit when being raced, the RS500 got the second lower rear lip to increase air distribution,around the rear, with the addition of a front lip to increase front downforce,and help the turn in,and slight vagueness encounters by the race cars. At the time,rumours had eggenberger cars running 800bhp,which wasn’t usable,.
N

I’d say it was deffo an XR4i Sierra…made only in 2-door, Y, A & B reg in red, blue, white or black. I had two black ones in my youth when they were £3000 each, now prices through the roof like all 70s, 80s & 90s Fast Fords. The same engine as the Capri 2.8i, only 150 bhp but a lot of fun in the day. There are not many on the road now that is for sure as many were written off or stolen to convert into Cosworth Sierra ‘replicas’ with parts from a stolen Cossie of course! All that was needed was to cut to the rear side windows to make same as Cossie shell, install all the bits from the nicked one and you had your ‘replica’ which was effectively the real thing apart from the reg.

Owner will be gutted but could fix it no problem for a few grand. I have repaired worse and they were probable worth a lot less.