Restaurant closure on Brittany Ferries

:cry: Just wondered if anyone has any comments on the closure of the waiter service truckers only restaurant on all brittany ferries which came in to force on the 1st October,
I used to enjoy this service after a days work not because it was free but it was nice to relax and enjoy the crack and wind down over a meal and a glass or two of wine they should have kept the service the same and put a cover charge on entry which would have kept the ever increasing number of east european drivers out so they could not shovel the starter food into themselves and there bags.
Now the freight drivers have to que with the public in the self service cafe and having seen the que in the summer thers gona be some riots having to wait up to an hour to get thru the self service and last sunday there was a bit a riot with only a small que (french drivers)they will probley be ones that will get it sorted so c,mon the french.
Also they are cramming more drivers in to a cabin how the hell does 4 truckers get showered and dressed at once in the room with about 600 mm between the bunks.
So now brttany ferries who used to be one of the best for trucks is now just the same as the rest of the southern ferries :cry: :cry: crap :frowning: BRING BACK TRUCKLINE.

I went out on the Coutances on Sunday night and was disgusted to be asked for £7.00 or 10 Euros for that swill, no wine and I even slept in my own bed.

On Wednesday I was on the same run but got the Barfleur. I asked at Information about the changes and she told me my boss had asked for them.

I asked her how she knew my boss and was told, No not just your boss, all the bosses have asked for this because drivers get a supplement in their wages.

It stinks and I am slowly deciding the tunnel is quicker and better food and that worries me

WELL WHAT CAN ONE SAY some bosses must be bloody hard up,

also their running expenses are recoverable ,so what a bunch

of Tight-Fistted–Miscreants.

I expect that this is in reaction to Willi Betz initially (I believe), followed by Norbert Dentresangle and other Eastern European companies, objecting to paying for their drivers meals. Obviously the cost of the meals was included in the ticket price, and these companies shave the rates they charge so close to the bone that even a saving of €7 - 10 will increase their margins enough to make a 3 day one way trip, profitable instead of running it almost at a loss.

As we all know [Zb] Betz and Norbert [Zb} run huge fleets and have a large number of vehicles crossing every day, and companies of this size have accountants with a lot of power. All it would take would be for one of these money boys(or girls) to start asking about how to cut down on the weekly/monthly/whatever ferry bills. They make a few phone calls and discover that meals are included in the price :bulb: and there you have it.
With the number of crossings these companies do, the ferry companies then start to feel the pinch, so send out letters to the other biggish companies, asking about their opinion on the inclusion of meals in the price, offering a cut in ticket prices etc. These companies, also run by accountants who don’t know or care about us, see the numbers, say yes we’ll go for that. Next thing you know, no meals in the ticket price because not enough companies cared about their drivers enough.

ahhh that’ll be why their rates have dropped for 2007 then, oh no sorry they’ve risen considerably yet again :unamused:

jj72:
ahhh that’ll be why their rates have dropped for 2007 then, oh no sorry they’ve risen considerably yet again :unamused:

Oh how surprised I am. :unamused: :unamused: