Rest time?

Right, some of our drivers recon that is you do over 13 hours work in a day, you cannot take a 11 hours off.

EG, if you do 14 hours then then you can only have a reduced daily rest as if you have 11 hours off then it would add up to 25 hours. As they are saying you have to do all your work and rest within the 24 hours.

Now I think, as I understand it, they are wrong. Now am I going to proved wrong?

you are wrong

You are wrong. As soon as you go over 13 hours that is regarded as a reduced rest no matter how many hours rest you take after that. There are only 24 hours in the day and that is the thing you need to remember.

They are right, you are wrong.

If you start at 6am, by 6am next day you must’ve done all your working hours + all your rest hours.

There is NO 15hr working limit for us in the UK, there is an 11hr rest requirement, that can be reduced to 9hrs.

15 + 9 = 24

Good that you asked if not sure, but another example of why the dCPC has been brought out

It did not come in the DCPC, but I was not sure. That is why I asked. It has not caught me out yet and it will not now :wink:

you are wrong.

once you’ve exceeded 13 hours there aint 11 hours left in the 24hour period from the commencement of your duty/ start off work.

Paul_Humphreys:
Right, some of our drivers recon that is you do over 13 hours work in a day, you cannot take a 11 hours off.

EG, if you do 14 hours then then you can only have a reduced daily rest as if you have 11 hours off then it would add up to 25 hours. As they are saying you have to do all your work and rest within the 24 hours.

Now I think, as I understand it, they are wrong. Now am I going to proved wrong?

Also if you log on next morning ( digi ) and haven’t supplemented daily rest it counts as a reduction! I.e 8 hours 59 mins or 10hours 59 mins!REDUCED :laughing:

waynedl:

If you start at 6am, by 6am next day you must’ve done all your working hours + all your rest hours.

There is NO 15hr working limit for us in the UK, there is an 11hr rest requirement, that can be reduced to 9hrs.

15 + 9 = 24

Good that you asked if not sure, but another example of why the dCPC has been brought out

DCPC :unamused: I now know all about customer relations and how to put a fire out :confused:

4whatitsworth:

waynedl:

15 + 9 = 24

DCPC :unamused: I now know all about customer relations and how to put a fire out :confused:

Congratulations :confused:

Reckon there’s a quite a fella’s getting this one wrong, I’ve tried explaining it to the other guys at our place but their eye’s just seem to glaze over :exclamation: Mind you their first language is Urdu and mine is English and the translation is beyond me at the moment :exclamation:
Regards
Dave Penn;

Paul_Humphreys:

Ask yourself why you stop at a maximum shift of13 hours, or go to 15 hours three times. Why don’t you do a shift of say 16 or 19 hours before stopping for a rest period because there is no duty limit mentioned anywhere in the regulations?

The answer as to why you stop at 13 or 15 is what your other drivers are saying.

davepenn54:
Reckon there’s a quite a fella’s getting this one wrong, I’ve tried explaining it to the other guys at our place but their eye’s just seem to glaze over :exclamation: Mind you their first language is Urdu and mine is English and the translation is beyond me at the moment :exclamation:
Regards
Dave Penn;

These are the people who speak of grey areas :wink:

On another note, if I was to start at 07.00 and finish at 17.00 haven taken all my necessary breaks etc, could I then have a 9 hour rest and start at say 02.00 the next day■■?
Or would I have to wait until the previous 24hrs is up? I think I know the answer but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance.

HECKY:
On another note, if I was to start at 07.00 and finish at 17.00 haven taken all my necessary breaks etc, could I then have a 9 hour rest and start at say 02.00 the next day■■?

Yes.