Rest area

Hi all,
Could anybody tell me if the rest area just ( shell I believe ) off the A42 junction for Swadlincote/ Burton A444 , went past there at about 5.30pm yesterday all the bays were full of trucks can you overnight here secondly do you have to pay like a service station . ( anyone ever stayed here if so are facilities any good ).

On another note any news if Lockerbie is still going , heard on here it may be closing

Yes,you can overnight there . :smiley: no charge as no facilities :unamused: :unamused: but on the plus side (or size) mc Donald’s do a great meal. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: junk food rubbish.

If it’s where I’m thinking, if it’s full you can always head towards Measham and you’ll find what used to be called “the Welshman’s Layby” on the left hand side. Nice and deep with room for a good few.

(If I’ve got the junction wrong, you need the second one signed Measham, immediately before it turns into the M42.)

j11 a444 for the park lucy is on about plus a cafe there…

Lucy:
If it’s where I’m thinking, if it’s full you can always head towards Measham and you’ll find what used to be called “the Welshman’s Layby” on the left hand side. Nice and deep with room for a good few.

(If I’ve got the junction wrong, you need the second one signed Measham, immediately before it turns into the M42.)

Its the same junction Lucy.

As said above, free parking, toilets in either McDonalds or the garage. Not a good reputation of being secure though even theough there are cameras. Plus can be noisey with boy racers reving their sewing machines later on

Thanks all ,
Just another option just in case ,
And yes Lucy I know the lay-by you mean

Lucy:

:open_mouth: :grimacing:

the nodding donkey:

Lucy:

:open_mouth: :grimacing:

:laughing: