Respect for our industry

There are loads of these on the interweb
Maybe they should be played on prime time midway between soaps

facebook.com/Support-the-Do … 4269784246

A bit like clapping for the nurses etc.

Just saying

I wouldn’t wish for this, people clapped us 18 months ago now we are back to being those lazy ■■■■■■■■ who don’t bring their bins back and who block the roads when they are trying to get to work.

Bin Man:
I wouldn’t wish for this, people clapped us 18 months ago now we are back to being those lazy [zb] who don’t bring their bins back and who block the roads when they are trying to get to work.

I would want this, to show that we ARE NEEDED< that we are not the scum that we are percieved as.

Remember the ad of old on the back of trailers,

"You bought it , WE brought it "

Maybe a lot more of this to convince the public , that we are important

pierrot 14:

Bin Man:
I wouldn’t wish for this, people clapped us 18 months ago now we are back to being those lazy [zb] who don’t bring their bins back and who block the roads when they are trying to get to work.

I would want this, to show that we ARE NEEDED< that we are not the scum that we are percieved as.

Remember the ad of old on the back of trailers,

"You bought it , WE brought it "

Maybe a lot more of this to convince the public , that we are important

Well all i can give is our experience of the fickle public i don’t see them changing their minds any time soon however many of these things you have linked to appear.

I dont need or want respect for driving a truck lol.
I want to be paid correctly for the risk of driving a truck on the road. They can shove their clapping and respect up their ■■■.
I’m sure a lot of NHS workers would say the same.

adam277:
I want to be paid correctly for the risk of driving a truck on the road.

Also a good case for retrospective compensation payments to retired drivers who’s pension funds would have been better if they’d have been paid what they were worth.

Carryfast:

adam277:
I want to be paid correctly for the risk of driving a truck on the road.

Also a good case for retrospective compensation payments to retired drivers who’s pension funds would have been better if they’d have been paid what they were worth.

Now where’s that emoji for the flying pig :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I dont care about the public. I don’t care that I’m stocking supermarket freezers, I don’t care about adulation or respect.

I remember how in the early days of the pandemic we were treat like lepers, not allowed into places to use toilets, showers closed, restaurants closed, and if you wanted to get something froma supermarket having to queue for ages to get in just to get some food because of the public some are demanding respect from.

■■■■ the public. ■■■■ what they think. Let them rot

I wonder how many of the people shouting about respect for lorry drivers have cursed the lorry driver they was stuck behind in the past week.

No-one wants lorries in their town but everyone wants them to keep the shelves stocked in the shop next door :unamused:

toonsy:
I dont care about the public. I don’t care that I’m stocking supermarket freezers, I don’t care about adulation or respect.

I remember how in the early days of the pandemic we were treat like lepers, not allowed into places to use toilets, showers closed, restaurants closed, and if you wanted to get something froma supermarket having to queue for ages to get in just to get some food because of the public some are demanding respect from.

[zb] the public. [zb] what they think. Let them rot

bloody hell mate, new job not working out :question: or is it brucey and co ■■■■■■ you off… :laughing:

Ffs
There are numerous threads and comments on this forum over the years about how we are disrespected and viewed by the public, then somebody rocks up and gives us a bit of credit, and nobody will just accept it. :unamused:

I personally dont care so much either, but if and when I get a bit of credit I’ll willinglly accept it in the spirit it was given.

m.a.n rules:

toonsy:

bloody hell mate, new job not working out :question: or is it brucey and co ■■■■■■ you off… :laughing:

:laughing:

No all good I just can’t abide two things.

First the yearning for affection from some of our road damsels who are fawning at getting a small piece of sympathy.

Second the virtue signalling from media who are sending reporters out with drivers for the day or getting them to hawk around motorway services so they can see how we live, like we’re from the planet zarg ffs

On the toon front maybe a takeover to keep my pexker up, who knows :wink:

It’s what this country used to be all about , being friendly, that’s what these folks are doing & ive no issues with that

toonsy:

m.a.n rules:

toonsy:

:laughing:

No all good I just can’t abide two things.

First the yearning for affection from some of our road damsels who are fawning at getting a small piece of sympathy.

Second the virtue signalling from media who are sending reporters out with drivers for the day or getting them to hawk around motorway services so they can see how we live, like we’re from the planet zarg ffs

On the toon front maybe a takeover to keep my pexker up, who knows :wink:

Theres a world of difference between sympathy and empathy,.with a bit of appreciation in the mix.
I’m under no illusion that it will last, and it has taken for the public to suffer to make them realise that we provide a valuable service to them at last.

As for media attention, bring it on, at least it is the seed for something to be done about the crap aspect to the job, it makes people aware because in the past they neither knew or cared.
I’ve had non driver guys thinking I’m taking the puss when I tell them how long we are allowed and expected to work, how much it costs to park, and the non facility ■■■■ holes some park in.

As for The Toon not sure it’s another false alarm, but thus gave me a glimmer of hope this morning. :smiley:

toonsy:

Yep, totally agree.