Requesting An Instructor

Is this the done thing in this training environment? I was very comfortable wih the person who took me out on an assessment drive and thought his method was really suited to my learning.

Can you request the same trainer or is it a take what you get scenario?

It’s not unusual for the instructor who conducted the assessment to be requested to carry out the training. It’s simply that a rapport has been started and this leads, quite correctly, to you feeling comfortable.

We always try to listen to such requests. Sometimes the candidate will change their mind maybe to achieve an earlier date to start.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete!

still got the theory etc to sit but didn’t want to make a clown of myself by asking for the same guy if it wasn’t how it’s done!

One of the main reasons for having an assessment is to make sure you feel comfortable with the guy who will be training you for several days. I would make a call to the company and ask if you can have the same trainer. As it will still be a fair while before the training starts I would be very surprised if they can’t accommodate your request.

Requesting a particular instructor is fairly common but you might have to wait a little longer for the school to accommodate that

Having various instructors during the main training is a deffo no-no but having a different one take you to test or retest is usually ok

LGV trainer and ROG thanks also for your replies. I’ll defo call the company and discuss it as the guy was far superior to the two guys on the other assessment drive I did.

H4L:
LGV trainer and ROG thanks also for your replies. I’ll defo call the company and discuss it as the guy was far superior to the two guys on the other assessment drive I did.

You may find you have to wait a bit longer but you will feel alot more comfortable when you start your
training and that means you will be more confident and receptive.
It made a big difference to me that I felt comfortable

Ritchies have 5 x Class C trucks running at a time so I cant see it being a problem you requesting a certain instructor, Although all the instructors there are excellent.

Marshall12:
Ritchies have 5 x Class C trucks running at a time so I cant see it being a problem you requesting a certain instructor, Although all the instructors there are excellent.

+1 :slight_smile: