Request: Road Trains

Hi after seeing the Aussie Road trains program on ITV 4 last night i would like to see some of your pictures (if you have any)

So please, pictures of road trains.

what was the program called ?

umm one false move: road trains if i remember correctly :slight_smile:

Here ya go Smurfworth, I beleive this is a AB double combination shot on my latest trip to Aus :wink:

Hi Smurf, here are a couple of pics that I took a few years back at the Queensland/ Northern Territory border.

Mount Isa.

Kununurra, Western Australia.

The Nullarbor Plain Western/ South Australia.

Thanks, I see your from Australia Mushroomman, Do you drive any road trains and what sort of work do you do? And also, Whats the health and Saftey like :laughing:

No, I have never driven a road train, there was a time that when ever I saw one I thought WOW, now I just think WOW what a lot of punctures just waiting to happen. Believe me it’s a lot easier to change a truck wheel at midday when you are twenty five and the temperature is 36 degrees than it is when you are fifty. Being semi- retired I get the chance to drive a supermarket trolly now and again :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

I’ve no pics but there are loads here :

I used to work for a firm in Sweden and they tested this, it took the boss 15mins to get the last trailer on the loading dock (so he said!!!) i think id still be there now!

Here’s our firm’s road train:

youtube.com/watch?v=vYbIIdkpe1Y

Turn the sound right up for this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=rehtJsW9Mtg&NR=1

youtube.com/watch?v=JmPOQkr6 … re=related

Here is the program on ITV player gotta be quick though but i am working on a way to capture the vid from the site.

harry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYbIIdkpe1Y

Turn the sound right up for this one.

The kenworth with the â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  at the start of film sounds sweet ! :wink:

Saw this in Sweden earlier this year, Polish reg’d Megaspace heading towards Norway

Just wondering how they get in the back of the first trailer ? Presumably they drop the second one & then you are left looking at a turntable before you get to the doors of the front trailer ?

harry:
Just wondering how they get in the back of the first trailer ? Presumably they drop the second one & then you are left looking at a turntable before you get to the doors of the front trailer ?

For example, if you look at ours above, the 30’ container on the link trailer can be slid back (there is a huge hydraulic cylinder between the chassis rails…