Republic of Ireland Hauliers

In the name of all that is holy!! :astonished: :astonished: ,Are no hauliers looking for drivers,well trampers at least,in Wales anymore? So I am now searching farther afield,hence the title. Does anyone know of or can recommend a reputable Irish haulage firm? So much for the driver shortage. Thanks. :smiley:

wf hall in fishgaurd
perrenial freight both from your side i think, have you tried them.

i heard ā€œnolans irelandā€ were looking for irish drivers back as the poles
are smashing to many trucks! dont how true it is :wink:

olz69:

Saw one a couple of weeks ago in Magor services back up and smash a van :unamused:

Three men were in the cab :open_mouth:

dessy:

olz69:

Saw one a couple of weeks ago in Magor services back up and smash a van :unamused:

Three men were in the cab :open_mouth:

ah, room mates.

Try breenā€™s in new ross but they only pay 80Euro aday

All posh and no dosh

olz69:

It must be true, iā€™ve been hearing the same thing since the Poles came into the EU, four years ago? Oh, and Turners are getting rid of all theirs as well !!!

Its nothing to do with the lads smashing trucks. Was talking to one of Nolans men the other day and he was telling me that the european drivers in Poland are getting paid similar money to what Nolan is paying them. Wages have been slowly climbing in poland since they joined the EU and with exchange rates the way they are now the euro isnā€™t worth as much to them anymore. So why camp out in 1 of nolans trucks for months on end when you could be home in Poland every other weekend?

ando:
Its nothing to do with the lads smashing trucks. Was talking to one of Nolans men the other day and he was telling me that the european drivers in Poland are getting paid similar money to what Nolan is paying them. Wages have been slowly climbing in poland since they joined the EU and with exchange rates the way they are now the euro isnā€™t worth as much to them anymore. So why camp out in 1 of nolans trucks for months on end when you could be home in Poland every other weekend?

what about the irish drivers who camp out in a truck for months on end when they could be home in ireland every weekend?

beattun:

ando:

what about the irish drivers who camp out in a truck for months on end when they could be home in ireland every weekend?

I was having a good craic with an Irish guy last Friday night, how we laughed when he told us he had been on the road for eight weeks, his gaffer tried to fire him off some where and he said no, heā€™s coming back home as he has a few things he needs to do. The gaffer saidā€¦in future i need some notice when you want to come homeā€¦!!! Thats the real truth of it.

While weā€™re on the topic of Irelandā€¦
Me and Mrs Dubya are planning on moving to Galway later this year and Iā€™ve been scouring the web for driving agencies in and around Galway, but so far every link Iā€™ve followed has taken me nowhere useful (webwise).

Is there anyone on the forum who can has any relevant links ?

the west of ireland has yet to grasp the concept of the ā€œinterweb thingā€, best to send a telegram to the local garda station of the area in which you wish you live, and since they know everyone they can pass it on to the relevant ā€œtransportā€ company

^^^^ :laughing::lol::lol:

Not too far removed from the truth though. Iā€™d get on the phone and contact companies direct, or make appointments and see if you can make a trip over and meet up with some face to face.

I bumped into a driver originally from Warrington out in Roscommon the other day. Unfortunately, Iā€™m based miles away else he would have taken my number and put me onto some work.

Forget the tā€™internet, used tried and tested communications methods of 30 years ago!