Replying to a post?

I think and I could well be either right or wrong, well I will be one of them that’s for sure.

If you reply to specific persons post and yours is the next post then it just posts it as the next post. However if you reply to an earlier post that has since had replies from others, then it shows an icon of the person’s username you had clicked on the post to reply.

If you then click that username icon it will take you back to the post that was relied to, seems like a way of replying to posts without having to quote the post.

This could be added or linked to the new site 20024 help section of confirmed this is right t’s what I seem to notice with replying to posts anyway.

Test 1 grrr 20 letters charc… Is too many letters to type and harder, god I’m lazy and then spend more effort doing crap lieke this which was harder than spelling the slightly harder spelling word on the first place. But at least it passed the 20 letter limit now.

Test 2 because I can, no other reason.

Test 3 clicking reply button to my first post.

Doesn’t work with my replies to myself which I sort of guessed it might not, so it needs someone else post for me to confirm it does do it I think.

Just trying to figure out something I think it does and can help people work out what posts are being replied to without having to always quote someone’s post on their post. If any of that makes sense to the ret of you :joy::joy::joy:

Not sure how large the image will be either and if it will be too big so apologies if it is. First time I’ve added a picture to the new site. Hopefully it’s smart enough to resize nages dependant on screen resolution someone is using.

Image with red circle round the username reply icon thing.

In case anyone was wondering, no I know you were not, but I’ve had 2 shifts of 6 hours 10 mins and 5 hours 45 mins so far this week so have got home early and killing time before bedtime. :joy::joy:

Test. I’ve quoted this using the curver up and left arrow, on the bottom right of the post.

Test again because someone else repliedueh it doesn’t work on your own oosts

I’ve been able to post elsewhere (with difficulty) but I can’t seem to be able to post anything on the ERF (European) 1975 thread. Is it locked?

That one?
You have put up the last three posts, so maybe the system thinks you are merely talking to yourself? If a nice person were to put a post up then it might you playa again?
I`m not very nice, but…try again.

Bingo. Seems to have gone through this time! :+1:

…and while I’m on the subject, I’ve found your useful info posts, franglais, most helpful, thank you!

Notwithstanding which, this new TN set-up reminds me strongly of driving in thick fog abroad in a country where the road signs are written in Arabic, Farsi, Cyrillic or any squiggles you care to think of. It beggars belief that the conversion from TN to TN2 could have been so wrong on so many counts. I intend to persevere for a little longer but don’t hold my breath. Most of the voices on here we treasured most are already shut out because they can’t even get on here in the first place, let alone negotiate the inane chaos that purports to be an improved website. Is this just another microcosm of the incompetence disease that has stricken the civil service and our government / opposition?

For just a short while. I believed you might be another member in disguise…

But it would be rude of me to point fingers at any particular one of them…so many hear voices!

But this will reset your 3 strikes.
And thank you, too. :grinning:

Wise words franglais. And thank you for clearing my triple deficit. Being of a sanguine disposition, I will for now bide my time and keep my powder dry by posting only when I wish to stimulate response, info or pics; though for how much longer there’ll be anyone to respond is anyone’s guess. Keep up the good work.

Well sussed. I’m out of the closet as ERF-NGC-European. I couldn’t recover my old ID to enter so WTF I’m back! :rofl: