Reply Trouble

Im having trouble replying to posts. When I click the reply link Im taken back to the forum index. Sometimes if I keep trying it will work eventually.

Any ideas :question:

Er…no, not really. Sounds like a problem with your PC, to be honest - try clearing out all the temprary files and cookies and see what happens then.

Anyone else having this problem?

I have, on a couple of occasions, hit the reply button only to seemingly be automatically logged off, therefore requiring me to log back on and retype my reply. It could be something I’ve done wrong as it is a very rare occurance :slight_smile:

That’s usually just where your connection has dropped for a few seconds, mrpj. Happens to me occaisonally too. Best thing to do is highlight and copy long posts, so you can just paste them back into the reply window after logging in again if needs be.

Lucy:
Best thing to do is highlight and copy long posts…

…or have a word processor open (which isn’t internet connection dependant) and compose your message in that (good for checking your spelling also!) and then copy & paste into the reply window.

It’s a long time since I had that problem, so no longer follow the above advice, but if it does happen I will be so mad :smiling_imp: .
One thing I am continueing to notice though is how slow the whole shebang still is. This came up a while back and we were told it’s because there is work being done to the site. Is this still the case? I don’t have any trouble with other forums which are very rapid in comparison.

Salut, David.