Reply to member wesshaw81

wesshaw81
FROM HERE
:
I’m so glad I found this site! At the end of the month, I was going to pay a deposit to DirectLGV. After browsing the boards here though, I think I will go direct to a local school. I was going to go the whole hog, and book back to back catagory C and C+E courses. Would this be the best way? Or would it be wiser to try for the cat C 1st, and gain experience that way, then try to upgrade to the C+E.
I’m looking to change job’s as at the moment I’m driving a taxi, and at the moment it isn’t going anywhere. And hasn’t been for some time now…
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome wesshaw81 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The link includes THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which started on 10 Sept 2009.

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
However, many newbies on this site have recently secured permanent full time CE employment by getting their CE ASAP :smiley:
I used to recommend doing C work to gain experience but the chances of getting C work in this economic climate are very limited.
A read of THIS POST may also be useful.

If getting a C & CE course back to back (got to wait for licence to come back from DVLA after passing C in order to go for CE) will be cheaper then go for it - I recommend doing CE in ARTIC and not W&D as they are different and most CE trucks on the UK roads are ARTICS.

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours