Reply to eddie41085

eddie41085
FROM HERE
:
Hi all. im in the process of choosing a training school. I live not too far from E.P training in Leatherhead.Has anyone ever used them an could anyone give some reviews on them if so. Any input would be appreciated. cheers :smiley:

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome eddie41085 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
E.P training in Leatherhead are one of the schools listed
The link includes THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which started on 10 Sept 2009.

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
However, many newbies on this site have recently secured permanent full time employment :smiley:
A read of THIS POST may also be useful.

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Hi eddie41085, I’ve been to EP Training to attend a seminar, so the purpose of my visit was nothing to do with driver training. (I got my LGV licence in 1979.)

What I saw whilst I was there was a modern training school with good classrooms and clean vehicles.

In the interests of fairness, you could click the link in ROG’s signature to discover a list of training schools that come with recommendations from our members. EP Training are on that list as are some others in the area.

Good luck with your training. :smiley:

dieseldave:
Hi eddie41085, I’ve been to EP Training to attend a seminar, so the purpose of my visit was nothing to do with driver training. (I got my LGV licence in 1979.)

What I saw whilst I was there was a modern training school with good classrooms and clean vehicles.

In the interests of fairness, you could click the link in ROG’s signature to discover a list of training schools that come with recommendations from our members. EP Training are on that list as are some others in the area.

Good luck with your training. :smiley:

Hi desieldave thanks for the info.appreciated.

Hi.

Just read above posts. E.P. Training here. We are like most independent LGV training providers. We make sure you get to drive a vehicle that is modern and well maintained and receive propper instruction. Give us a call if you any advise. 01372 450800

seanpargeter:
Hi.

Just read above posts. E.P. Training here. We are like most independent LGV training providers. We make sure you get to drive a vehicle that is modern and well maintained and receive propper instruction. Give us a call if you any advise. 01372 450800

hi

The main thing im concerned about is the two to one ratio of training. Im not keen on the idea of sharing training time with other people. would you be able to tell me how much actuall driving time each person gets during each day.

Regards

eddie41085:

seanpargeter:
Hi.

hi

The main thing im concerned about is the two to one ratio of training. Im not keen on the idea of sharing training time with other people. would you be able to tell me how much actuall driving time each person gets during each day.

Regards

It works better mate as when u sit on the bunk u can watch the other trainee and see what he his doing right/wrong and vise versa then use it to better your driving. You should do 4 hours each day driving i would of thought. If you think about it your getting 4 hours a day free tuition if there is 2 of you. Usally 2 hours on 2 hours off.

FarnboroughBoy11:
Usally 2 hours on 2 hours off.

I used to do 30 min turn arounds when starting the 2 to 1 training and then increase it to around 1 hour which is the on-road test duration time - it saved the non driver sitting for too long

ROG:

FarnboroughBoy11:
Usally 2 hours on 2 hours off.

I used to do 30 min turn arounds when starting the 2 to 1 training and then increase it to around 1 hour which is the on-road test duration time - it saved the non driver sitting for too long

Seems like good practice. I was trying to think how i done it when i was replying, im sure mine was 2 hours on 2 off. Cant remember for sure though :unamused:

Hi

I know that EP training are one of the companys recommended on here but has anyone had any personal experience with them training wise.Im planning to book my training with them on Tuesday but would just like to hear other peoples experiences.

Thanks.

Hi eddie, i did my class c with them in jan o9 and would highly recommend them. I had paul training me and couldnt fault him in any way. I personally think 2 trainees sharing the day is much better than 1 on 1, there’s to much to learn.
I was due to book me c+e up with them for this month but work commitments have got in the way, i will be phoning them up this week to book aswell, plucked enough courage up now.
Go for it mate, best thing ive ever done.
Good luck

Mix-Master May 10, 2009:
Passed my cat C at Guildford test centre yesterday with 4 driver faults :slight_smile: and would like to thank EP training in Great Bookham Leatherhead Surrey (they are in the recommended list) and my instructor for the week Paul who was a great trainer and good company to boot, his many words of wisdom will always stay with me !! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to train

johnny boy:
Hi eddie, i did my class c with them in jan o9 and would highly recommend them. I had paul training me and couldnt fault him in any way. I personally think 2 trainees sharing the day is much better than 1 on 1, there’s to much to learn.
I was due to book me c+e up with them for this month but work commitments have got in the way, i will be phoning them up this week to book aswell, plucked enough courage up now.
Go for it mate, best thing ive ever done.
Good luck

Hi Johnny boy

Many thanks for the reply.Thats just what I wanted to hear. A review from someone who has trained with them an had a great experience. I shall be booking my cat c on Tuesday. I cant wait to get started. The very best of luck with your C+E training. :smiley:

Cheers

ROG:

Mix-Master May 10, 2009:
Passed my cat C at Guildford test centre yesterday with 4 driver faults :slight_smile: and would like to thank EP training in Great Bookham Leatherhead Surrey (they are in the recommended list) and my instructor for the week Paul who was a great trainer and good company to boot, his many words of wisdom will always stay with me !! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to train

Hi Rog

Thanks for posting the review.

Cheers

If your worried about training with someone else dont be, first off if they make mistakes you can watch them do it and learn from them in that way ,you can watch as they do a manouver well ,and think to yourself ahh thats how you do it ,as when your actually driving the veh you are doing so many other things mirrors speed on approach oh god ive got to get around that bike, parked car etc that you cannot take in everything when under such concentration , while riding shotgun look and all the street furniture signs etc everything you have to react to and go through it in your mind what you should be doing when actually driving thats what i did and found it a great help, also a little thing i did was all the time i was training i drove my car as if it was a truck controlled turns i blocked out my rearview mirror to get me checking those side mirrors probably drove drivers behind me mad but i wasnt going to pay out all that money and not get through for the sake of not preparing myself good luck and youll have that blue pass cert in your hand no probs happy days :smiley: jx

Jennie:
If your worried about training with someone else dont be, first off if they make mistakes you can watch them do it and learn from them in that way ,you can watch as they do a manouver well ,and think to yourself ahh thats how you do it ,as when your actually driving the veh you are doing so many other things mirrors speed on approach oh god ive got to get around that bike, parked car etc that you cannot take in everything when under such concentration , while riding shotgun look and all the street furniture signs etc everything you have to react to and go through it in your mind what you should be doing when actually driving thats what i did and found it a great help, also a little thing i did was all the time i was training i drove my car as if it was a truck controlled turns i blocked out my rearview mirror to get me checking those side mirrors probably drove drivers behind me mad but i wasnt going to pay out all that money and not get through for the sake of not preparing myself good luck and youll have that blue pass cert in your hand no probs happy days :smiley: jx

Hi jennie

Thanks for the input Sounds like a good idea.I too pretend im driving a lorry when im driving my car lol and do everything a lot slower gear changing,acceleration,braking etc. I feel that the only thing that would keep me from passing is my nerves on the day. I just hope they dont get the better of me. I remember doing my car practical an was a bag of nerves :open_mouth: Thanks again for the advice an all the best. :smiley:

I now actually like the idea of a two to one training ratio. As a lot of people have said you get to watch the other trainee an see what they are doing right/wrong.Plus a longer training day. win win situation me thinks. :grimacing:

eddie41085:
I now actually like the idea of a two to one training ratio. As a lot of people have said you get to watch the other trainee an see what they are doing right/wrong.Plus a longer training day. win win situation me thinks. :grimacing:

The instructor only has to say it once in a day and not twice if the trainees are on 2 to 1 full days so that saves a tiny bit of time
After day 1, I used to get one trainee to ask the other the on test safety questions - surprising how the trainee asking the questions gets to pick things up quicker !! - swapped over each day so both got to ask. All this with me observing.

As both trainees took breaks at the same time then that has advantages over 2 seperate half day trainees as it meant more on-road time - they also got to discuss things between themselves which seemed to help - I tended to take my break slightly away from them for this purpose but close enough for them to fire any questions at me.

Some prefer 1 to 1 HALF DAYS which is fine - both ways work just as well - the end results prove that.

eddie41085:
car practical an was a bag of nerves :open_mouth:

The nerves will help u concentrate the guy that was with me was really laid back very good driver and i was opposite deep breaths freq toilet trips u get the picture kept wishing i could be like him and not be nervous!!! on day of test i took mine first stomach doing somersaults etc etc came back with a pass its 1 hr thats all it is and u can drive well for 1 hr , the lad with me that was really calm etc didnt pass maybe too relaxed eh :exclamation: :exclamation: i think u need certain amount of nerves to focus you , hope to hear that you passed first time good luck and that banner from Rog and from Dieseldave will be flashing away :smiley: jx

hi

I booked my Cat C training course. :smiley: Im starting on the 7th of June( 4 weeks away :cry:) with EP Training.I cant wait to get started.
Lets hope my training buddy is a fine looking female. :grimacing: (not that i would be looking at anything other than the road of course) :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers