Replacing daf radio for digital radio

Hi all,

I want to replace the factory standard radio in a DAF XF Euro 6 for a digital one. How much of a job is it?

Am sick of the crap I get on FM radio, at least I will have a better choice on a digital radio.

Thanks in advance

The radio itself is easy but you’ll need a different antenna as DAB broadcasts on an entirely different set of frequencies. There are some that’ll just stick to the inside of the glass.

Another solution is to get something like the Pure Highway 400 or 600 DAB receivers which either use the aux input on your radio or have a FM transmitter built into them that you tune your existing radio to.

I just bought a DAB radio from Tesco, plugged it in the inverter, plugged it into the aux on the dash, and it plays through the speakers.
That way I still have the AM/FM option when I lose the signal.

i got a pioneer DAB head unit few years back just asked the garage to fit it weekend before i got back from my holidays.took about 20 mins he said only problem was feeding ariel through dash.apart from that it was easy.he like that fact that u could hook up 3 phone at one time on bluetooth and it had a usb connection to.

Here you go.

halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor … reId=10001

Just be aware the radio in my daf was 24volts

vwgpmk2:

Every daf I’ve had has been 24v too so you need two droppers one for the radio one for the continuity

Assuming your lorry has an AUX socket, a portable DAB radio is a good idea;

argos.co.uk/product/7455957

argos.co.uk/product/7433735

I use mine in car or lorry, works a treat. Play the radio through the headphones port to the AUX socket, recharge it via a mini-USB cable

And i thought i had heard it all…not satisfied with a standard radio…it has to be a d.a.b. whatever that is…each to their own i suppose, and more money than sense…or is it me ?

truckyboy:
or is it me ?

Dunno mate, if you go home and do your clothes washing in the sink and then dry it in a mangle before settling down to watch your black and white 12" screen telly prior to retiring to bed carrying a hot water bottle up to your non centrally heated bedroom, then yes, I’d say it’s you! :wink:

You have described me to a T…not that i`m so old, just like to live in old times. :smiley: :smiley:

vwgpmk2:

there is a 12 v supply as well behind the dash …one of the good ideas they had lol

norb:

vwgpmk2:

there is a 12 v supply as well behind the dash …one of the good ideas they had lol

Wish I could find it. I have a decent 12v radio I wanted to fit but couldn’t find a 12v supply.