Replacing Audio Speakers

One of the speakers in my truck is blown so I’m going to replace both of them. The truck is an 05 reg Daf 95XF. Does anyone know if the new speakers will have to be soldered in or are they on a plug-in connector?

Any suggestions as to what would be a suitable brand of speaker?

plug in connector type

OK, ta. I just looked on ebay and I’m bewildered by the choice, I never realised there were so many sizes. Are they 4 inch?

the best thing to do is remove the trim from around the speaker, get a pin or something silimar to remove the grille, this will reveal 4 screws, take them out and the speaker will come out, it is 2 spade terminals on the rear, 1 large, 1 small, there is a plastic trim that is held in place by the speaker, i would suggest taking that to your nearest car spares shop to get the right size to fit the trim

Common problem with the speakers on DAFs. I think it’s because it’s not the best of radios so when you crank it up a bit the distortion blows the speakers. If it’s going to be your regular truck maybe consider changing the radio? The one in the Scannies is much better, a Blaupunkt I think.

shuttlespanker:
the best thing to do is remove the trim from around the speaker, get a pin or something silimar to remove the grille, this will reveal 4 screws, take them out and the speaker will come out, it is 2 spade terminals on the rear, 1 large, 1 small, there is a plastic trim that is held in place by the speaker, i would suggest taking that to your nearest car spares shop to get the right size to fit the trim

That’s probably good advice, though I’m hoping to get some tomorrow and I won’t be back in the truck til Monday.

Here’s a pic

Harry, the hole in the center of the trim is 115mm

the screw holes are slightly oval shaped and are at 137mm centers

the max outer diameter of the speaker to fit in the trim is 150mm

Harry Monk:

shuttlespanker:

That’s probably good advice, though I’m hoping to get some tomorrow and I won’t be back in the truck til Monda

Just replaced mine got a pair of 5inch from Halfords, straight swap even the screw hole lined up.
Something like These

depending on how much u wantto spend and how much u like ur music and sound there is many to choose from.but my chioce is pioneer speakers all the time.if u go to any car stero dealer they will gladly show u what the have to offer.my 85 cf did not have any rear so bought some poineer ones and installed them in half hour and sounds way better than to door speakers.ive even installed my own pioneer head unit with mp3 player so i can listen to all my albums on only a few cds.