Replacement digi card

Just got my new 1 in the post today it is an offence to hold 2 , but what will happen with the hours I have done since last week?

It’s not an offence as both cards at not current at the same time, just download the data from your old card the tacho head will tell you how many days are left on your current card. If it replaces a faulty card then you need to do printouts for the days you have worked, don’t you have to return your card if faulty?

They run out at midnight and I work nights, how does that work I could be driving at the time anyone know?

Smoggie89:
Just got my new 1 in the post today it is an offence to hold 2 , but what will happen with the hours I have done since last week?

Assuming that your old card is expiring it’s not an offence, in fact you should carry both cards with you for the next 28 days.

No wonder VOSA need to fine people when they’re wasting money on crap pamphlets like this

You must not be in possession of 2 driver cards bearing your
own details. The only exceptions to this are:
a) during the one month period before your current card expires
when your new card may also be in your possession, and
b) holding a time-expired card at the same time as a
current card.

mike68:
just download the data from your old card the tacho head will tell you how many days are left on your current card

Or just look at the expiry date on the front of the card :wink:

mike68:
They run out at midnight and I work nights, how does that work I could be driving at the time anyone know?

Stop just before midnight and change the card just after midnight.

Some people have said that their old card was spat out of the tachograph just past midnight but I’ve no personal experience of that.

It’s just a change of address on mine, I’ve got a letter with it saying its an offence to carry 2 at the same time and could be fined upto 5K … I’ve only started using my digi since last Monday so wasn’t sure what to do ■■ I’ve pulled the old 1 at 7 pm today , so shall I just forget that 1 now

I’ve never had to change the address on a card but according to these posts you have the card downloaded at work then send the old one back to DVLA.

Post 1

Post 2