Repeat CPC courses

Yes I’m aware that courses can’t be repeated now but what about historical courses?

I’ve now sat four of the five I need. The first two for this card I sat in 2017 were the same course and the result of being stood down as there was no work so “go and sit on the CPC”. As it was before the rule change I’m guessing they’ll still count under the old rules?

I bet this member knows the answer = memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=29860 - perhaps send him a PM :bulb:

Why not just check on the official website gov.uk/check-your-driver-cp … ning-hours

You can easily see what has or has not been allowed.

Roymondo:
Why not just check on the official website gov.uk/check-your-driver-cp … ning-hours

I have. They all say valid but its still something I thought I’d ask the forum for reassurance more than anything else

The new rules didn’t come in until Nov 2020, so anything you’ve done before that isn’t your problem, it can’t be enacted retrospectively, if it was going to be they would have had to announce it, and they haven’t.

That doesn’t mean that Jaupt/DVSA won’t have a bleat about it, but there is no reason to believe you have a problem.

What was the subject matter that was repeated? If it’s Driver’s Hours no one is going to take issue with that, same for anything to do with safe loading.

toonsy:

Roymondo:

I have. They all say valid but its still something I thought I’d ask the forum for reassurance more than anything else

Why not simply ask DVSA? An official response from them has to better than asking a bunch of lorry drivers…?

Roymondo:

toonsy:

Roymondo:

Why not simply ask DVSA? An official response from them has to better than asking a bunch of lorry drivers…?

Dunno. Ease maybe? I just thought that maybe a forum might be a decent place to ask a question.

I popped off an email to DVSA this morning. This was their reply (received same day) :

"Thank you for your email of 30 April regarding the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC).

We can confirm that the rules were updated July 2020.

If a driver repeated periodic training prior to this date it would still count towards their next CPC.

If you have any further queries relating to this matter, please don’t hesitate to contact us."

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Coolio.

I suspected it anyway just wasn’t sure but a few people on here, plus a training school on here plus DVSA all comfirm it.