Renting a truck on day off

Find a mate with a horsebox. They’re great as normally kept very clean. Just fill the thing up with fuel and away you go

Harry Monk:
Honestly, get a removals company to do it. Watch them working their nuts off and offer to make them an occasional cup of tea. Do a Saturday morning or two of overtime at work to pay for it.

+1

Everyone I know that has gone down the route of DIY removals, to a man, vowed NEVER to do it again…hard ferking work…

We have had three sets of clever/smug sorts do their own move close to our gaff…one ended up in hospital with a suspected cardiac, another with torn back muscles and another is still off work through injury [got trapped under the tail board]….shouldn’t laugh… :laughing:

All are in their early 40s, lycra clad type`s with mountain bikes, so not [in theory] lardy wheeze buckets :wink:

id lend you my 15tonner (for a consideration… bring it back with a full tank of derv :grimacing: ) but i suspect im too far away…

You’ll be surprised how much you can get into a Luton van.

If it won’t go in a Luton then sack it off and get a removals firm & save everyone involved a shed load of time.

rob22888:
You’ll be surprised how much you can get into a Luton van.

If it won’t go in a Luton then sack it off and get a removals firm & save everyone involved a shed load of time.

There was photo on Twitter the other week from one of the RPUs, where they had a rented luton van on a weighbridge somewhere, grossing out @ 4+ tons…this was a DIY removal which turned into a very expensive move:open_mouth:

Cube + Weight seem to confuse the DIYer :unamused:

Search on “Facebook marketplace” for man and van removals in local area, my mother in law and sister in law both did this…they got a full house move for around £150 …both were however within the same town. …Even better ask on FB for recommendations for man and van removals …

I rented a 7.5 from m&s rentals in Swindon a few months back. Think it was £125 for the weekend, collecting 4pm Friday and returning Sunday evening. They did have an excess mileage charge, but it wasn’t that much - extra 40 odd quid for a 400 mile round trip.

good_friend:
Find a mate with a horsebox. They’re great as normally kept very clean. Just fill the thing up with fuel and away you go

If it’s used regularly it won’t be clean. :laughing: :laughing: If it has a living area (and 7.5t), there may be less room in the horse area than you think, plus the partitions get in the way. :wink:

Colingl:

good_friend:

If it’s used regularly it won’t be clean. :laughing: :laughing: If it has a living area (and 7.5t), there may be less room in the horse area than you think, plus the partitions get in the way. :wink:

Speak for yourself

All ours are scrubbed out completely every time they are used. Not all horseboxes have living, racing ones certainly don’t. They have a bench if you’re lucky.