Renewing photcard ID

anyone used the online service for this yet for when you have to update your photo every 10 years?

if so how long did it take to return?

Yes , renewed mine 2 months ago. As long as you have a new passport with microchip embedded in it, they can pull photo and signature from it. This is assuming you sign up for a government gateway ID Mine took 4 days. Daughter s first provisional done this way was filled in and played on a Wednesday, licence in hand Saturday same week.

I signed up for the government thing today via the website, entered all my detials, my passport number and my national insurance number etc etc

it then said ‘checking detials’ and came back with a payment method, which i then filled in, received a email conformation as well, so I assume all is well? (passport is indate and is only 6 years old so has the new microchip thing in it)

did you send your licence off the same day as well? hopefully they send them out of they have’t recieved the old one anyway.

the main reason for me worrying so much is i booked my C+E test the other day, and only when looking today my licence is outdated!

DOH!

but if yours arrived within 4 days, it should be here by friday! and this is good news! :grimacing:

For those who changed photo got the new style licence for the first time and are over age 45 - did the LGV give you a 5 year expiry date form the date of photo change as it has done for many of us already?

ROG:
For those who changed photo got the new style licence for the first time and are over age 45 - did the LGV give you a 5 year expiry date form the date of photo change as it has done for many of us already?

Mine’s off for renewal right now, I’ll let you know when I get it back.

just thought id confirm

that mine also took only 4 days.

arrived on the friday before i took my test.

Test passed!

gotta send it off again now! DOH! :unamused:

:smiley: :smiley:

ROG:

I renewed my photo card licence a few weeks ago and being 45 next year I expected to have to sit my first compulsory medical but the hgv/pcv entitlement on my licence came back with an expiry date of 2019 . I phoned Swansea and they explained that the UK has now fallen into line with Europe and that the first medical I need will be in 5years time, so it appears that the age 45 thing has gone for good

yoda:
:smiley: :smiley:

ROG:

I renewed my photo card licence a few weeks ago and being 45 next year I expected to have to sit my first compulsory medical but the hgv/pcv entitlement on my licence came back with an expiry date of 2019 . I phoned Swansea and they explained that the UK has now fallen into line with Europe and that the first medical I need will be in 5years time, so it appears that the age 45 thing has gone for good

The age 45 thing has not gone at all - you got your first issue of a new style licence and under some weird EU directive it gives 5 more years on the LGV

The same has happened for those nearing a D4 medical aged well over 45 - me included at age 55

Got the letter back from DVLA last week, and it didn’t work for me, they sent a medical form and told me to re-submit my application with it completed. Not a problem, whether I pass or fail the medical there are things to do, and in many ways I hope I fail it so I can move onto my narrowboat this year rather than having to drive a truck for another 12 months. :stuck_out_tongue:

Im 44 and sent mine for renewal yesterday, does this mean i will get 5 years before i need a medical

205:
Im 44 and sent mine for renewal yesterday, does this mean i will get 5 years before i need a medical

If that was for a photo renewal and you have not had a licence issued after October 2012 then I bet it comes back with a LGV expiry date in July 2019 - or August 2019 if they are late issuing it !

ROG:

205:

If that was for a photo renewal and you have not had a licence issued after October 2012 then I bet it comes back with a LGV expiry date in July 2019 - or August 2019 if they are late issuing it !

Did mine last week I’m 45 in September came back with 2019 on it.
Now what?

Soldier z:

ROG:

205:

Did mine last week I’m 45 in September came back with 2019 on it.
Now what?

Your next D4 medical is in 2019