Renewing my class 1 & digi card at the same time

Hi there, just wondered if any of you know this…I was 45 January 2012 didn’t renew my licence, my digi card also expired March 2012, now I have my medical this Friday ( Feb 15th 2013) which hopefully I will pass, when I send off the D4 & renewal form can I send off for new digi card aswell or will I have to wait until I receive my licence back & then send it off again for new digi card? many thanks if you could answer this for me, Cornish Trucker.

I’ve just got my first provisional Cat C licence (today!) and my first digicard at the same time, I already had C1 on the licence so you should be fine to apply for both at the same time.

Ok thanks for that, I just know what Swansea can be like with all their different deptartments & last 2 letters of their postcode, I can but try, thanks bud :wink:

Yes, send them to the relevent depts, not in the same envelope to be on the safe side.

Did mine all in one last April they will send you a special form which enables you to renew your digicard, licence and medical all in one.
I cant remember the actual form number but i know it was not on their list of downloadable forms so they sent me one through the post.
You will have to phone them for one explaining your situation. Phone 0300 790 6807

Thanks moomooland :smiley:

If you passed your car test before 1997 it’ll have C1 on anyway so it doesn’t matter if you have Cat C/C+E on your licence.

No problem with renewing an expired digital tachograph card when you have an expired lgv entitlement.

The only category you need on you licence to get a digital card is; B.

Got my licence back yesterday, took 5 weeks but I’m all CE’d up til 2018 :smiley: