Renewing license/medical?

I’m 55 in September but my license needs renewing by 18th August as I had my medical early 5 yrs ago and I lost 3 weeks, anyway I know there’s a years grace but I know somewhere that’s doing medicals so may as well get it done so how quick are licenses coming back these days as I’m determined not to lose more weeks.

I sent mine of mid April, it came back this week. so 3 months, and that was for 1 year with no medical.
It actually ran out on 25th of may, I got an email saying that I could still drive, as long as nothing had changed health wise.

Just get your application in by 18th August . Send it recorded delivery, so you have proof of what date they received it.
As magicRMorris said above, you can carry on driving under Section 88 ( DVLA will tell you that as well) until they review your application. That’s all based on you not having any issues that would stop you holding an HGV license and your doctor is happy your ok to drive.

Google ‘Section 88 of The Road Traffic Act’ as proof you can carry on driving.

itsa_me:
Just get your application in by 18th August . Send it recorded delivery, so you have proof of what date they received it.
As magicRMorris said above, you can carry on driving under Section 88 ( DVLA will tell you that as well) until they review your application. That’s all based on you not having any issues that would stop you holding an HGV license and your doctor is happy your ok to drive.

Google ‘Section 88 of The Road Traffic Act’ as proof you can carry on driving.

That’s what I’ll do as I don’t want to lose any more time.

Had a medical on the 6th sent it all off on the 7th and received new license on the 17th my faith in the DVLA has been restored and I’m in now for 5 yrs .