Renewing HGV driving licence after medical?

Hi lads.
I’m after a bit of help please. I recently passed my medical (55 year old) and need to send off the medical form along with the renewal of my lorry entitlement to the DVLA.
My question is, do I need to send any proof of who I am with my licence renewal form in section 5? (your proof of identity)
On the renewal form it says - ‘‘Please do not submit you application until you are able to provide the required identity documents.’’
Then below that it says - ‘‘Do not fill in section 5 unless you are asking for a change of name’’ (which I’m not)

I’m guessing I don’t have to send proof of identity, but I’m not 100% sure.
If any of you could help I’d be extremely thankful.

If you are renewing you are supposed to send off your old licence, so no need for proof of Identity unless you are changing name

blackbart:
If you are renewing you are supposed to send off your old licence, so no need for proof of Identity unless you are changing name

Thanks blackbart.
I wish they’d make the wording easier on the form, so idiots like myself could understand it :smiley:

As already said, no need to send proof of identity if you submit your old licence with the application.
Received my new licence in the post this morning, only sent the renewal off last Saturday
Kin quick or what ?

Suedehead:
As already said, no need to send proof of identity if you submit your old licence with the application.
Received my new licence in the post this morning, only sent the renewal off last Saturday
Kin quick or what ?

Thanks Suedehead.
Did you send yours off with recorded delivery?

Dai Hard:
Thanks Suedehead.

I would only send it recorded or special delivery. That way if they deny receiving it you have proof it arrived.

Dai Hard:

Suedehead:
Kin quick or what ?

Thanks Suedehead.

No mate, got it weighed at the post office and sent it 1st class post.

You do not need to send off your licence ( i never do ) it states that providing you need it for work or training purposes. Your medical / licence forms have all the evidence they need, seeing as they were sent to you by post, just need to destroy it once you receive your new one, But check all your requirements are on the new one.

Still got both my old card licence and new card licence. Im an absolute rebel. I shall wait on the police kicking my doors in asking for the old one back.

Mind you a dare not go 1 minute over my alooted drive time as il be sent to jail and not pass go.

If you do send the old one back, then Photocopy it first. They are very good at losing categories.