Renewing Driving Licence

Can anyone please advise on this one. My class1 expires 7-4-13. I have the renewal form and have my Medical report that I have passed. If I send it off now will I get C&E valid for 5 years from when they get the form say 11-3-13 to 10-3-18 or will my new licence run for 5 years from 8-4-13 to 7-4-18.

Thanks

chris140472:
Can anyone please advise on this one. My class1 expires 7-4-13. I have the renewal form and have my Medical report that I have passed. If I send it off now will I get C&E valid for 5 years from when they get the form say 11-3-13 to 10-3-18 or will my new licence run for 5 years from 8-4-13 to 7-4-18.

Thanks

8-4-13 to 7-4-18

OK thanks ROG. I will post it off then
Chris

My HGV driving licence expires on 01/01/ 2014. But i will be away abroad for 3 months From the 1st of december to the 1st of March 2014. will i be able to renew my licence in november 2013. Before i depart abroad. :question:

LUCKYtRUCKER:
My HGV driving licence expires on 01/01/ 2014. But i will be away abroad for 3 months From the 1st of december to the 1st of March 2014. will i be able to renew my licence in november 2013. Before i depart abroad. :question:

You can send the D4 to the DVLA in october if you wish

I do wish the DVLA would make up their minds because the lady I just spoke to in the medical section said the licence will run from the date of issue and not the current expiry date !!!

Typical DVLA -ask the same question and get different answers

Perhaps those who have sent off early for renewal can inform us of what happened in their cases …

ROG:

LUCKYtRUCKER:

You can send the D4 to the DVLA in october if you wish

I do wish the DVLA would make up their minds because the lady I just spoke to in the medical section said the licence will run from the date of issue and not the current expiry date !!!

Typical DVLA -ask the same question and get different answers

Perhaps those who have sent off early for renewal can inform us of what happened in their cases …

Thank you for your’e promp reply will put it to the test later this year . keep safe and thank you