Renewed cpc, when should new card arrive

hay all, I renewed my cpc last week, just woundering how long the card will take to arrive if anyone knows ? iv cheaked my status on the driving standards website and the moduls iv attended havnt even been regsitard on there yet ? should it have last been listed on there as its been a week today i finihsed the moduals…? thanks all

The training centre has up to 5 working days in which to register you attendance. Once that’s done, it’s normal to receive the card in around a week.

Delays can take place where the training centre is part of a consortium where the 5 day rule is frequently stretched and this can cause difficulties.

You are, however, perfectly legal to drive. Carry your attendance certificates with you as evidence.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

thanks pete, i dont think i got any certs papers for being there after the week was over. ill given them a call if its not registered by monday. thanks

It is a requirement for the trainer to issue a certificate of attendance for each day. So, if you haven’t got them, ask for them.

It’s the only short term evidence you have.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Mine came back in less than a week :smiley:

jrt:
thanks pete, i dont think i got any certs papers for being there after the week was over. ill given them a call if its not registered by monday. thanks

I know of a provider who puts all DCPC certificates on a web portal thingy so that the guys can download, save and print if necessary.

Not being a provider myself, I’m not sure of the exactitude of JAUPT’s requirements… that’s apart from what Peter said above.

I do know that you can drive as long as you have 5 X 7hr certificates with you whilst you await your card though.

Peter Smythe:
The training centre has up to 5 working days in which to register you attendance. Once that’s done, it’s normal to receive the card in around a week.

Delays can take place where the training centre is part of a consortium where the 5 day rule is frequently stretched and this can cause difficulties.

You are, however, perfectly legal to drive. Carry your attendance certificates with you as evidence.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry to jump on this post but I think your the man who may know the answer for me. I’ve got my first initial cpc card and haven’t done any training as of yet, can I still log in online to check what time I have left etc? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your DQC will show it’s expiry date clearly on the front. Before you reach the date shown, you must have completed 35hrs of periodic training. Note that you can do this at ANY time in the five year validity period of the card. So, for instance, you could have got your first card, complete 35 hours a couple of weeks later and thus be covered for 10 years.

Certainly not recommending that. But neither do I see the point in leaving it to the last minute and then having to panic about it.

Hope this make sense, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk