Renewal questions

I am trying to get my hgv entitlement back,I am well into my 50’s now so feel a change is needed, I have a few questions for you forum members? I let it slip through covid and now need to get it back.

1.This is probably a no brainer, but the forms and interwebs are quite the puzzle… I have grandfather rights, so can I start getting my cpc using my current license that just has my 7.5 on it?

1. I started filling in the forms and it asks me to state when I first passed my hgv licence, do I use the artic date or the rigid? I don’t want the DVLA to rob me …

3.Do I send my card back or keep it in case they lose it? I have seen they have slipped behind at the dvla , I kept my old cards before and nothing was said. Has it changed?

4.Is the incoming recession going to make this a waste of time, I have not driven HGVS for a good few years and that two year thing is irritating at best. Is the money better or are they parity rates still?

5.Should I get a few hours refresher or are agencies helping drivers to get help etc?

Thank you

Narc:
I am trying to get my hgv entitlement back,I am well into my 50’s now so feel a change is needed, I have a few questions for you forum members? I let it slip through covid and now need to get it back.

1.This is probably a no brainer, but the forms and interwebs are quite the puzzle… I have grandfather rights, so can I start getting my cpc using my current license that just has my 7.5 on it?

1. I started filling in the forms and it asks me to state when I first passed my hgv licence, do I use the artic date or the rigid? I don’t want the DVLA to rob me …

3.Do I send my card back or keep it in case they lose it? I have seen they have slipped behind at the dvla , I kept my old cards before and nothing was said. Has it changed?

4.Is the incoming recession going to make this a waste of time, I have not driven HGVS for a good few years and that two year thing is irritating at best. Is the money better or are they parity rates still?

5.Should I get a few hours refresher or are agencies helping drivers to get help etc?

Thank you

1 = YES + digicard now
2 = RIGID as that is your first LGV/HGV test pass - I hope it was after 1984
3 = SEND BACK AND SCAN IT FIRST ALONG WITH ANYTHING ELSE YOU SEND or be naughty and MISLAY your licence for a while - did I say that !
4 = DUNNO

ROG:

Narc:

Thank you

1 = YES + digicard now
2 = RIGID as that is your first LGV/HGV test pass - I hope it was after 1984
3 = SEND BACK AND SCAN IT FIRST ALONG WITH ANYTHING ELSE YOU SEND or be naughty and MISLAY your licence for a while - did I say that !
4 = DUNNO

Yes after 1984, will hold onto the card then
thank you ROG

1. No. Not at all. Currently there are more job vacancies across the whole economy than unemployed people. Add in a skill, qualification and willingness to work and you will always be in demand. Assuming you don’t live on Sark?

2. How long since you last drove, and how much did you used to drive?

stu675:
4. No. Not at all. Currently there are more job vacancies across the whole economy than unemployed people. Add in a skill, qualification and willingness to work and you will always be in demand. Assuming you don’t live on Sark?

1. How long since you last drove, and how much did you used to drive?

Central UK but want to move tbh,this is why I am looking to drive again.

Last drove a few years back but lot’s of different trailers etc. Thinking about it,I may just do a few assessment drives after explaining my situ, or start back on rigids.
Thanks