Renault trucks?

I hope Rob K can answer this for me i’m just curious but is it possible to leave the indicators on on these trucks when the ignition is off??.

As i drive at night i constantly see Renaults with their indicators on and curtains shut quite often i pass them on the way back and they still have them on does the dash not make that clicking noise every other vehicle makes or can some people sleep through that noise?.

Eh? You pass Renaults at night with the curtains closed and the indicators flashing? How many beers have you had tonight?

Honestly there are quite a few of them that i see i feel like a ■■■■ pulling out to let them pull out only to pass and the curtains are shut and the ■■■■■■■ indicator is on.

Strange.

On the ones that I have driven it has been possible to do that. And it’s fairly easy to do, just catch it as your doing something in the cab.

Yes it is and No they dont :stuck_out_tongue:

The indicators can be left on without the ignition, so can the wipers. the audible warning is adjustable, and Renault Drivers can do another 300km in their sleep, even with the curtains drawn :smiley:

jammymutt:
Honestly there are quite a few of them that i see i feel like a [zb] pulling out to let them pull out only to pass and the curtains are shut and the [zb] indicator is on.

I would assume that the indicator has been put on on purpose so that you move over and not shake the cab as much as you pass :smiley: :smiley:

I personally couldn’t park in a lay by so close to the roadside

Yep you can leave them on and there is no audible warning in the cab.
■■■■■ wagons

:confused: Also, have you noticed how a few trucks, mainly Scanias have their top cab marker lights still on when the truck in question appears to be on a night out ■■

DAFMAD:
:? Also, have you noticed how a few trucks, mainly Scanias have their top cab marker lights still on when the truck in question appears to be on a night out ■■

Daf i think you,ll find thats something to do with fuel deliveries they have probably at one time been used for fuel and they need to have the top lights on at all times its got something to do with airports i think.

DAFMAD:
:? Also, have you noticed how a few trucks, mainly Scanias have their top cab marker lights still on when the truck in question appears to be on a night out ■■

These trucks conform to Petroleum regulations, it is a way of showing that the trucks are isolated when being loaded or unloaded. If a controller looks across a refinery and sees a truck is not isolated he can shut the whole gantry down.

As usual all of Europe and beyond use the same system, only us in the UK have to be different.

ADR trucks have a firescreen, armoured wiring, an interlock between the pump / compressor and the handbrake and a cut out for the night heater. The differences that a uk truck has when it has to have modifications done is frightening

Top marker lights on the cab that are lit when parked up is to do with fuel/chemical type delivery,

Bsically Pet reg vehicles, It shows that the master switch is turned on and alos makes the vehicle more visable in all weather conditions incase the driver forget to turn his lights on!

Imagine if you have a yard full of petrol tankers full and ready to go the next morning, you don’t really want the power turned on in case something happens

And if you had 30 trucks to walk around and check the masters are turned off then you’d do a lot of walking, instead you only have to look out of the office window and see all the lights are out

Some tankers do not have the top marker wired to the master switch instead they have a green light on either side behine the cab to show the power is active

i recall some very uncomfortable nights out in the old g series renault trucks, they had f7 type cabs and when you shut the engine off everything except the heater stayed live.

it was fun at night trying to get changed for bed after a few beers, lights flashing, indicators winking and the horn beeping into action in time with the windscreen wiper motion.

the next morning was a nightmare as drivers laughed about the noise in the middle of the night waking them up as you turned a little red with embarrassment.

On our Premiums,you can alter the audio warning for the indicators.

Ken.