Renault t380 what are they like

hi all, well im getting a new Renault t380 high sleeper cab fully loaded (26ton) in September any one drive one tell me what there like etc, I will miss my Volvo fm globetrotter love that truck, in my mind the Renault has a hard act to follow,any input would be appreciated,thanks all tadg

tadg:
hi all, well im getting a new Renault t380 high sleeper cab fully loaded (26ton) in September any one drive one tell me what there like etc, I will miss my Volvo fm globetrotter love that truck, in my mind the Renault has a hard act to follow,any input would be appreciated,thanks all tadg

I thought the high sleeper cab walk throughs were only available on the Continent in lhd spec. Or do you work for a European outfit.

edit: forget it just saw the 26t bit :blush:

We had one arrive at our place to replace an old 60 plate Premium. The guy who has it loves it. Runs like a dream, lots more room inside compared to the older Premiums. Nice and bright inside, plenty of gizmo’s and other toys. Its got a great bunk with a built in fridge undernearth. The engine is pretty much straight from Volvo connected to a iShift gearbox with some Renault fancy (imo the Renault versions are better than Volvo’s own).

Looks are a bit marmite style as some love it (I do) while others hate it (most of the yard!) but once you’re behind the wheel you aren’t going to worry. Speaking of behind the wheel, the dash is wonderful to use. Only thing I don’t like it about, well when I sat in it was that they have moved the radio from the centre console to above your head. Its got all the mod-cons like bluetooth, night heater with a remote control instead of that silly wheel next to the handbrake. Oh and speaking of the handbrake, its gone all electronic now. Same as the Volvo FH.

thanks for the info,glad to hear about the gearbox,up to now the I shift is the best auto box I have used,got to say its one ugly truck,but the inside looks ok,i was told I was going to have the new fh but things got changed at the last min,im just a bit gutted do like the fh,but I should not moan,i can change it in 3 years time lol

…By which time you will probably not want to part with it!

Had one on demo last summer and they are great trucks, just as good as the actros demo i had the week before. Seats are comfortable driving position is good the only bad thing with them is the number of people who tell you how ugly they are.

Do they still have the facility to use the radio as an alarm clock? Thats about the only thing I don’t like about my current Scania, cant hear the alarm in the morning so I have to run my laptop all night on the inverter, risking the battery.

nsmith1180:
Do they still have the facility to use the radio as an alarm clock? Thats about the only thing I don’t like about my current Scania, cant hear the alarm in the morning so I have to run my laptop all night on the inverter, risking the battery.

buy an alarm clock :confused:

nsmith1180:

Using a laptop as an alarm clock?! on an inverter ? Wow, heard it all now!
You might also consider getting/using a smart phone, or a Casio watch with alarm, or indeed an alarm clock (fiver)
Even a non-smart phone will have an alarm function in most cases.

th2013:

nsmith1180:

Using a laptop as an alarm clock?! on an inverter ? Wow, heard it all now!
You might also consider getting/using a smart phone, or a Casio watch with alarm, or indeed an alarm clock (fiver)
Even a non-smart phone will have an alarm function in most cases.

I have a smart phone, its too quiet, ditto with the tablet. A casio watch with an alarm is just a little beep, the truck is louder. As for the Alarm clock, its a good idea but it will run off the inverter. If it drains the battery its dead. If the laptop drains the battery it will go for another five hours before dying and it will go so loud the truck next door will wake up too!

you must have been around before smartphones and laptops. what about those small alarm clocks people used to put on the bedside table that ran of aa or aaa batteries :slight_smile:

m_attt:
you must have been around before smartphones and laptops. what about those small alarm clocks people used to put on the bedside table that ran of aa or aaa batteries :slight_smile:

I sleep like the dead. I need the band of the royal marines or louder in the morning to get me out of bed.

ebay.co.uk/itm/Acctim-Saxon- … 4cf8f5f43b

no batteries required and loud :laughing:

I’ve got one. Had it 8-9 weeks now. It’s a bag of ■■■■ ! I’ve not got ONE good thing to say about it. I’ve even asked for the shunter. (07 volvo 440)
The new volvo is a better truck.

hopefully they have made them better than the premium ,my last firm thats all we had and what a nasty truck indeed ,allways going wrong with addblue falts ,spent years with me nee rubbing the drivers door panel could never get the seat back far enouph ,the only good thing i would say about one of those trucks was the gearbox its still the best auto i have driven but apart from that they were crap in my opion ,the new model is a very stange looking thing but cant coment as never drove one and dont want too :laughing:
scania all the way for me :wink: