Renault (premium) radio

The Radio in 1 of the renaults in the yard switches off after a short time, and you have to switch it back on.
Does anyone know how to alter the settings so it stays on with or without the ignition on/off?

Its ■■■■■■ mate, get your gaffer to buy a scania.

Same happens to the premium I drive! Apparently! You got to get the prongs to pull the set from the dash and unplug everything at the back and then plug all back in again to get a reset! Didn’t bother as I just started there a couple of months and don’t want to cause a problem doing what another driver says he has done many times before if you know what I mean! HTH :wink:

Mine stays on without the ignition. They are factory set this way.

dessy:
Same happens to the premium I drive! Apparently! You got to get the prongs to pull the set from the dash and unplug everything at the back and then plug all back in again to get a reset! Didn’t bother as I just started there a couple of months and don’t want to cause a problem doing what another driver says he has done many times before if you know what I mean! HTH :wink:

Just realised what the op might be referring to with his dodgy radio. There is an easier way to reset them when they play up. Double click the central locking remote until you hear the clunking noise from the battery isolator, leave it locked for about 10 seconds then unlock again. Your radio should now work for another couple of days before going wonky again where you have to repeat the above process.

That sounds like the type of action that I would attempt! Thanks Damoq! :wink:

dessy:
That sounds like the type of action that I would attempt! Thanks Damoq! :wink:

No bother dessy. I have been told about the method of removing the wires too but it’s just too much hassle. The double clicking the central locking remote does just exactly the same job. It does work cos I have to do it regularly with mine. The funny thing was, it was the actual Renault mechanic that told us to remove the plugs to reset it, but the Hill Hire mechanic told me the other way.:confused:

I have my reservations with Renault fitters I’m afraid!! :unamused:

damoq:

dessy:

Just realised what the op might be referring to with his dodgy radio. There is an easier way to reset them when they play up. Double click the central locking remote until you hear the clunking noise from the battery isolator, leave it locked for about 10 seconds then unlock again. Your radio should now work for another couple of days before going wonky again where you have to repeat the above process.

^ What he said , but that’s if it stays on for only about 3 seconds…

I think the OP is meaning it goes off after longer than 3 seconds…mine will go off, after ignition of, when you open the door…and if you turn it back on again it stays on for about 30 mins, I guess it’s so it doesn’t play all weekend when you’re at home :slight_smile:

It’s not my truck or my gaffers etc
But one of the lads was complaining that the radio was cutting out after 30mins and asked “does anyone know how to change the settings”

They will do mate. Our Renaults do the same.

There is a bit of a problem with these radios - Most can be cured by having it reprogrammed as its like an ecu in its own right linked on the can bus.If it goes off and won’t come back on then as other replies rightly say knock the master switch off be it an electronic one or the red manual lever type - if this fails then un plug the radio from its connections and see if that works.
Not all the radios time out after 30 minutes - if this happens it’s normally lost one of its permanent feeds.

Steve