Renault Premium .Locked Out!

Hi all
Last friday,was tramping in the “hired” Renault truck.anyways i was swopping trailers with another lad outside ABP ,got out alongside to check paperwork with him and pushed door shut.Result! doors locked.I know i should’nt of left keys in!!!In the end got told to put side window through with trailer bar as twas timed load,and couldn’t wait advised 3hrs for a fitter,fortunately enough we then had to swop units :laughing: and he got to drive home with no side window and i cracked on down south.I have since apologised!
After reading and searching on here/internet it seems to of happened many times before but as we only run the one hired unit we had no idea,and hire company just advised "call fitter"there seems to be an emergency way in using the step light ,could anyone PM the said method ,so at least our fitter knows the way in if theres a next time.We also run MANS,and Scannies.Seems it happens to them all!
Any advice much appreciated on above units especially “The” premium

jackdaw:
Hi all
Last friday,was tramping in the “hired” Renault truck.anyways i was swopping trailers with another lad outside ABP ,got out alongside to check paperwork with him and pushed door shut.Result! doors locked.I know i should’nt of left keys in!!!In the end got told to put side window through with trailer bar as twas timed load,and couldn’t wait advised 3hrs for a fitter,fortunately enough we then had to swop units :laughing: and he got to drive home with no side window and i cracked on down south.I have since apologised!
After reading and searching on here/internet it seems to of happened many times before but as we only run the one hired unit we had no idea,and hire company just advised "call fitter"there seems to be an emergency way in using the step light ,could anyone PM the said method ,so at least our fitter knows the way in if theres a next time.We also run MANS,and Scannies.Seems it happens to them all!
Any advice much appreciated on above units especially “The” premium

Don’t slam the door and it shouldn’t happen. Having said that, i didn’t shut the door hard and it still locked me out the ■■■■■■! Happened to me in a Skoda and I got in because the security isn’t that good and I’d left the window down about two inches…took 20 mins though but managed without damage. Always take the key out now or leave a window right down…

Poor design I think, never had it happen in a car so why can’t the truck makers get it right?? Only solution, (I think) is take the key!

On some of them you only have to slightly graze the lock with your elbow and it will lock when you get out. Always take your key out of a RenAult premium

Kerbdog:
On some of them you only have to slightly graze the lock with your elbow and it will lock when you get out. Always take your key out of a RenAult premium

^^^^^This :slight_smile:

The door thingy is a daft design on the Premium you have to lift the catch up to open the door and the temptation is to grab the armrest wotsit and if you happen to catch thingy it locks the door, and if you aint quick you’re up the doodaa without a wotjamacallit … :open_mouth:

HTH… :wink:

PM this sort information please, no point in advertising how to break into a truck for any scrote to find
Content removed

:sunglasses:

kernan_d:
PM this sort information please, no point in advertising how to break into a truck for any scrote to find

Content removed

I writing that down for if i need it but if i end up burning my cab off i’ll be looking for ya … :wink:

In other words im going to blame you …

When i had a Scania the first job on a Monday was detach the central locking fob and keep it in my pocket, and there it would stay til Friday. This was because I’d heard stories of Scania’s locking themselves, but the added bonus was that i could regain access to the truck when the RDC waiting room got a bit much.

kernan_d:

Content removed

I like that. It’s like an amateur electricians house- you turn the living room light on and the kettle boils :smiley:

a volvo did it to me a few years back.
since then, whenever possible, if i’m just jumping out to book in somewhere, do twistlocks etc, i leave the window half down.

I got locked out of one in a yard as I had a trailer lights warning sign on the dash . I got out and the door locked on me with the engine running. I rang Renault as I’d heard about shorting the wires out but when they asked the year of the truck they said it was best to get the spare keys sent over from Warrington…I was in Trafford park. So think that newer Renault were changed, but not very well. When the guy from fraikin came he said it wasn’t the first time he’d had to do it.

DaiDap:

kernan_d:

kernan_d:

Content removed

I like that. It’s like an amateur electricians house- you turn the living room light on and the kettle boils :smiley:

Funny you should say that .

My stepdad and my best mate were re-wiring my house about 10 yrs ago and they’d pulled the main fuse while they did what ever the hell they were doing , my stepdad went to the bog for a pee and came down asking why the bathroom light was on .

It turns out that my house and the house next door were joined together at some point and some kind of joining of electricity was done , it looks like when the houses were seperated they didnt fully disconnect them both and my bathroom is still wired into next door .

Lets just say i dont like my nextdoor people ( freaks ) so ive always had a 100 watt bulb in my bathroom and it hasn’t been turned off since … :wink:

All of the above has nothing to do with anything but i thought i’d tell you anyway … :sunglasses:

P.S nextdoors main fuse is under my stairs … ohhh the temptation :smiling_imp:

I’ve known Renault premiums, scania, Volvo fh and man’s that have locked people out. Ridiculous really

Kerbdog:
I’ve known Renault premiums, scania, Volvo fh and man’s that have locked people out. Ridiculous really

there is a common theme with the vehicles that lock themselves

the handle/lever that you use to open the door is also the one that is used to lock the door

on the MAN, it is the same lever, as is the scania, renault and volvo

DAF have a separate button for locking the door to the one that open the door, never had a DAF lock it self yet

Thanks for all the replies lads,but the comment got deleted before i saw it.Is there any chance someone could PM me with info.

Renault Premium. Locked out.

There ya go, you’re obviously on a lucky streak, go buy some lottery tickets while you’re hot tiger! :smiley:

As i’ve been caught out, as have a couple of other drivers on our fleet of premiums, i wouldn’t mind a pm of the procedure if someone would be so kind please

Zapper is always on a lanyard round my neck. We’ve had it with most of our units (all renault). The other thing with they is the quality of the key, its easier to snap than your fingers.

Thanks to the PM’s lads .Sorted now,many thanks for the "helpful"replies.

Renaults are the easiest to break in to to be honest. I won’t divulge tactics but there’s easy ways into most of the trucks without causing any damage. Especially if the engine is still running.