Renault Premium Indicator problem

Hi Everyone

not sure if ive posted this in the correct section?
Im having a problem with the flashers on a 2005 premium dci. They were working ok until i connected to a trailer then started to work intermittantly, and the radio would go off. Disconnected trailer, but the problem remained and now with trailer disconnected the flashers wont work at all, no sound no light on dash, and it powers off the radio everytime you move the stalk. Checked all the fuses they seem fine. Do the flasher units give trouble on these ,does anyone know? and where is it located? I dont see it in or near the fuse box? :frowning:

If it’s anything like the Midlum I had when they first came out, I think there’s three or four fuses that cover indicators, one of them also had an effect on the lighter socket and radio. Quite random, I know, but that’s probably why I remember it!

Berkshireblue:
If it’s anything like the Midlum I had when they first came out, I think there’s three or four fuses that cover indicators, one of them also had an effect on the lighter socket and radio. Quite random, I know, but that’s probably why I remember it!

Yep, I’d say it is almost certainly a blown fuse. My Magnum is the same, if something electrical stops working then it’s a fuse. It might be a fuse which seems to have no connection with the problem, but once I’ve found out which fuse is blown and replaced it, everything works properly again. :stuck_out_tongue:

The wires are prone to chaffing where they go from the column and then under the dash - This loom has both the indicators and the radio remote control wires in it . Unlock the column and push it as far down as it goes and you will see if any of the wires are damaged.

Steve

Thanks everyone for advice
Its def not a fuse ive check em all about 3 times lol

Its strange, when you move the stalk or flick the hazard switch on the radio turns off and you hear a thump thump thump noise through the speakers and nothing happens. Ill check the wiring next i guess

trevm:

Its strange, when you move the stalk or flick the hazard switch on the radio turns off and you hear a thump thump thump noise through the speakers and nothing happens. Ill check the wiring next i guess

Yea, just do as Steve said, he is the top man on here for advice on any Renault problems. I still owe him a breakfast for all the advice he’s freely given me. :smiley:

Harry Monk:

trevm:

Yea, just do as Steve said, he is the top man on here for advice on any Renault problems. I still owe him a breakfast for all the advice he’s freely given me. :smiley:

get in quick while he is still on his diet :laughing:

trevm:

I know you checked the fuses but there are some in the battery box - F1 is prone to corroding on the terminals rather than blowing so check this as well.

Steve

trevm:
then started to work intermittantly(

isn’t that what they are supposed to do? :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i know, i know…

coat, hat, TAXI!!!

Thanks everyone for the input. I have this sorted now. The power in the fusebox was disapearing to about 1/4 of it and any circuit on it was dropping off power.Found the culprit wiring plug and repaired and all is well again :slight_smile:

trevm:
Thanks everyone for the input. I have this sorted now. The power in the fusebox was disapearing to about 1/4 of it and any circuit on it was dropping off power.Found the culprit wiring plug and repaired and all is well again :slight_smile:

Well done :smiley: Unusual Thing a Renault with a wiring fault :unamused: :open_mouth: :smiley:

Steve