Renault Premium electrical foibles

I’m currently driving a 62 plate Renault Premium which has a bit of a strange quirk.

Every time I remove the key from the ignition, the immobiliser activates- you can hear it clicking- and nothing then works, apart from the hazard warning lights. Even the sidelights stop working, meaning I have had to park it in the street unattended with the doors unlocked and the keys in the ignition so the lights are on.

Is this normal? I’m suspecting not. Is there an easy fix for this?

Harry Monk:
I’m currently driving a 62 plate Renault Premium which has a bit of a strange quirk.

Every time I remove the key from the ignition, the immobiliser activates- you can hear it clicking- and nothing then works, apart from the hazard warning lights. Even the sidelights stop working, meaning I have had to park it in the street unattended with the doors unlocked and the keys in the ignition so the lights are on.

A quote from lots of car based forums “it’s bloody french what do you expect”

Not helpful I know, but a standard answer

Try battery isolater for 10min

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Monk:

Defect it .could lead To bjgger problems

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

My does exactly the same. Poor design imho

Harry Monk:

A box of matches…