Renault Premium consumption

Scannyfanny:
Guys thanks for the info so far. It’s all good. Consumption sounds good. Stilll mulling over. Cheers.

Go get one.

You know you want to…

Ken.

Hi guys i drove one for two months on international work, As has been said they are a nice drive and economical. And i suppose more importantly for the boss really cheap. But if you want your drivers to be away for the week or even two. Don,t get one as they just hav,nt got the room inside.
Hey muckles its not ego it is just respect, If you want your drivers to be away for weeks you have to give them the right wagon to do it in. That way i would know my boss cares and i in turn would respect that and look after the wagon. And as as we all know a happy driver is a rare breed. :smiley:

Do you still get to go to the factory, all expenses paid, if your in the market for a new one ■■?

Well worth it, if you get the chance, that resturant near the magnum factory, is bloody good :laughing:

As an aside, a lesson I learnt many years ago, buy what`s right for YOUR business, NEVER let the drivers dictate :wink:

Stanley Mitchell:
Do you still get to go to the factory, all expenses paid, if your in the market for a new one ■■?

Well worth it, if you get the chance, that resturant near the magnum factory, is bloody good :laughing:

As an aside, a lesson I learnt many years ago, buy what`s right for YOUR business, NEVER let the drivers dictate :wink:

Not since the recession kicked in , i was meant to get down to factory but never happened :cry: :cry:

They’re 56k new are they? Not bad considering it’s basically a Volvo in mutton clothing.

You defo want to get a dark textile panel on the door or cover it straight away if you get one as i’ve seen some Wincanton ones a few months old where this has been utterly filthy already, some seat & mattress covers wouldn’t go amiss before anyone uses it either. One thing that makes my blood boil, grease marks inside a newish wagon. :imp:

Silver_Surfer:
They’re 56k new are they? Not bad considering it’s basically a Volvo in mutton clothing.

You defo want to get a dark textile panel on the door or cover it straight away if you get one as i’ve seen some Wincanton ones a few months old where this has been utterly filthy already, some seat & mattress covers wouldn’t go amiss before anyone uses it either. One thing that makes my blood boil, grease marks inside a newish wagon. :imp:

with a little negotiation :wink: mine came with seat covers !

Denis F:

Silver_Surfer:

Hard to keep that old “olive green” colour off her Dennis eh :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: :grimacing:

Big Truck:

Denis F:

Silver_Surfer:

Hard to keep that old “olive green” colour off her Dennis eh :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: :grimacing:

no !! dirty gear goes in the box on the side :wink:

Johnny aka Little John:
0Hi guys i drove one for two months on international work, As has been said they are a nice drive and economical. And i suppose more importantly for the boss really cheap. But if you want your drivers to be away for the week or even two. Don,t get one as they just hav,nt got the room inside.
Hey muckles its not ego it is just respect, If you want your drivers to be away for weeks you have to give them the right wagon to do it in. That way i would know my boss cares and i in turn would respect that and look after the wagon. And as as we all know a happy driver is a rare breed. :smiley:

While I agree with some of what you say, such as a Premium is’nt the ideal motor for extended periods away, I think it’s quite adequate for a week of UK tramping and I have spent many weeks away in them and been quite comfortable. And the new Premium does seem to have a bit more grunt than the old one and as you said they are nice to drive.
There are many ways a boss can show respect, it’s not just the money and motor he buys, I think it’s the way he talks to and listens to you. Or gets niggling little problems sorted.

muckles:
While I agree with some of what you say, such as a Premium is’nt the ideal motor for extended periods away, I think it’s quite adequate for a week of UK tramping and I have spent many weeks away in them and been quite comfortable. And the new Premium does seem to have a bit more grunt than the old one and as you said they are nice to drive.
There are many ways a boss can show respect, it’s not just the money and motor he buys, I think it’s the way he talks to and listens to you. Or gets niggling little problems sorted.

I agree. The money ain’t everything…that’s my view as an employed driver and a gaffer…I wear both hats although not many do (I have two rather different jobs).

We’ve just completed the first week with our new 460hp 6x2 Premium.

Driver aint best pleased (our other 33 trucks are mainly MAN XXL & DAF 105 SSC), but average for the week
was 8.74mpg.

Thats pulling a curtainsider at 44t most of the time - considering it only had 000091km on the clock
at the start of the week, I’m looking forward to seeing what it can do when run in!

K

Tarmac are just bringing these on board. An artic tipper Contract Haulier in South Wales has just had 2 delivered and another 2 on order. Hes had Volvo for years. The Renault Premium are £20k cheaper and 1.5mpg better on fuel. Ive got a Premium 8x4 Mixer on order, £12k cheaper than a DAF OTR

Our premium is now averaging 9.67mpg, fully freighted most of the time on traction work.

We are going to replace the fleet with them at this rate!

I just bought a Mack Midliner cabover, my first cabover EVER. It has the 210 hp turbo renault engine I am finding information hard to come by as for performance ect.

mixer driver too:
An artic tipper Contract Haulier in South Wales has just had 2 delivered and another 2 on order. Hes had Volvo for years. The Renault Premium are £20k cheaper and 1.5mpg better on fuel. Ive got a Premium 8x4 Mixer on order, £12k cheaper than a DAF OTR

He must have some balls, four new wagons on the road… :open_mouth:

This months Trucking magazine, Renault Lander v Scania R-series 8x4 bulkers, Renault is 20,000quid cheaper chassis cab :open_mouth: and better on fuel too.

Brentanna:
I just bought a Mack Midliner cabover, my first cabover EVER. It has the 210 hp turbo renault engine I am finding information hard to come by as for performance ect.

there’s very few midliners left now !!

Denis F:

Brentanna:

there’s very few midliners left now !!

I think I found a good one, just having a hard time getting information on the engine. The one I bought is a 300 series, with air brakes and the 210hp turbo intercooled engine 6 speed gearbox, 16ft box with lift gate. With the lift gate we can transfer from his 53ft to the Mack with a pallet jack. :smiley: Just for local deliveries. should get about 8mpg in the city compaired to less than 6 with Mikes Volvo. Winnipeg is a mess for traffic; the traffic control design is from the University if Stupidity. Perfectly good 4 lanes roads marked no trucks, goat trails marked as truck routes. :unamused: The smaller unit well be ideal. :sunglasses:

hammer:

mixer driver too:
An artic tipper Contract Haulier in South Wales has just had 2 delivered and another 2 on order. Hes had Volvo for years. The Renault Premium are £20k cheaper and 1.5mpg better on fuel. Ive got a Premium 8x4 Mixer on order, £12k cheaper than a DAF OTR

He must have some balls, four new wagons on the road… :open_mouth:

Tarmac supply them with regular work. He`s got 10 at the mo

This months Trucking magazine, Renault Lander v Scania R-series 8x4 bulkers, Renault is 20,000quid cheaper chassis cab :open_mouth: and better on fuel too.

Just been through all the prices of 8x4s with my Transport Manager. Youre right about £20,000 quid cheaper than a Scania and 12 less than a DAF CF75 360 8x4 chassis. All with Volvo engine and running gear