Renault Premium air suspension fault.

My 52 plate Premium 420dci has decided that it is going to spend most of the time with an air suspension fault.

When it is playing up there is an “Air Suspension” error showing on the dash and even though you can lift the middle axle up when stationary it puts it back down again as soon as you move, even when empty. It also doesn’t level itself properly you have to set the level yourself manually with the handset every time you tip or load.

It started doing it halfway through yesterday and then did it for the rest of the day. Then when I came in this morning it was sat on its arse with no air in the suspension at all but when I fired it up it was working fine with no error until I had been to tip and then I came back empty for my reload, parked it on the weighbridge and turned the engine off. When I fired it up again the error and all the symptoms described above had returned.

Any ideas before I take it to a Renault main stealer and get their computer to tell me what the fault is?

TIA,
Paul

had this for a few weeks quite recently but on a volvo and the mechanic fixed a broken wire ,although it did take him about 3 hours as it wasn’t that straight forward,basically the truck was behaving like it was always loaded and the mid lift wouldn’t,the suspension had to be set by eye and it would drop into 1st (auto)when you came to a stop.probably not the same fault as yours but something to consider.

Might be one of the height senders above the axle is faulty or the wiring to it, had a similar problem with a Merc. On a Merc when disconnecting one sender the other side takes over both sides and this helps to pinpoint the faulty unit. but just watch the chassis dos’nt go skywards and blow an airbag if the faulty one is in charge :open_mouth: been there :cry:

I had an FH16 6x2 that used to do that it had a valve that went through a hole in the chassis above the rear axle, probably the same / similar thing to Big Joes, as I recall it was’nt dear but you had to set it up by turning the arm on it 180 degrees before tightening it up. Good luck with it.

Fly sheet

Rather than just replace valves and solenoids will nilly, it may be better to take it into an independent workshop who have something like this in their office.

wabco-auto.com/fileadmin/Doc … ochure.pdf

What is the attitude of the seller, you ain`t had it long, surely you have some come back on it ■■?

Even a contribution towards the main stealers invoice, when they have plugged in their laptop @ £££££PH would be nice !!!

Good luck Paul, you must have ■■■■ star nutts to go it alone in this day and age :laughing: