Renault Premium 440

Whats the verdict fellas?, I know these are the Volvo 440 engine but its also an auto does this mean it will be coupled with the I-shift?. I dont know a lot about Renaults but I guess these would be ok with less than 400ks…

Looking at alternatives to the Swedes, worth a punt do we think :smiley: :smiley:

Gearbox not as simple to use but even still a good setup .

Price compared to the scania/volvo is a good saving but as all renualt’s there very plastic , will probaly fall to bit’s before it stop’s running :laughing: .

Depending if it’s i outright purchase or maintenance contract .

If it’s on bulk work i would go with the better built cab long term but then again if on maintenance contract it could be more of pain .

Volvo’s service is much better than scania’s from what i found but suppose every dealer is different and dealer’s can make a good truck soon become the wrong choice to make .

i wouldn’t rule them out though , in my opinoin best thing they did using volvo running gear just shame cant sort budget spec cab out .

We run a 440 on a 56 ’ plate from new and a 450 on a 56’ plate , both have been good trucks , they are on r&m contracts and had a gearbox issue on the 440 and a catalytic converter problem on the 450 , the gearshift is not the volvo i shift but renaults version and seems to cope well with all load weights , interior is quite basic but at anywhere between 10-15k cheaper than scania or volvo its a bitter pill we can swallow :wink:

So all in all worth a punt really, like you say the price difference is a VERY major factor :smiley: :smiley:

psv8:
just shame cant sort budget spec cab out .

I don’t agree.

The ones I’ve driven of late as an agency bod, (57/58 plate.) come with cd player, electric windows, electric and heated mirrors, electric sun roof, air con, radio controls on the steering wheel, heated seat. I had a similar goodies on the 53 plate one I had when I worked for C.■■■■.

Hardly fleet spec.

Ken.