Renault Midlum Cruise Control!?

Trawled the internet for answers on this so you guys are my last hope. Got a Renault Midlum 6 wheeler for the remainder of the week and cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the cruise control going. There’s frig all around the steering wheel stalks relating to it that I can see. There’s a switch on the dash with the cruise symbol, switched that on. There’s also a switch next to it labelled “R+ R-”, surely that’s not for the cruise… on the bloody dash? :open_mouth: Well it doesn’t work anyway whatever the hell it is.

Any ideas? :neutral_face:

Im sure its the same setup that’s on the premium. Assuming it is, make sure the cruise control switch on the dash is on. You should hear a bleep when you do switch it on. There is a ‘+’ and ‘-’ switch on the left side of the steering wheel. Once you are up to cruising speed, press the ‘+’ to set cruise.

The switches on dash, one has engine & cruise pic, in the cruise postion it enables cruise.
The switch next to it (r+ r-) will adjust idle speed when the other switch is in engine position.

Mine is maggy so not sure about setting your cruise but on mine to left of s/wheel centre is + % - , hit the plus when at chosen speed, to right of wheel is resume button.

Good luck, would hate to be without cruise :slight_smile:

Oh yea make sure exhaust brake is off.

chris_89:
Trawled the internet for answers on this so you guys are my last hope. Got a Renault Midlum 6 wheeler for the remainder of the week and cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the cruise control going. There’s frig all around the steering wheel stalks relating to it that I can see. There’s a switch on the dash with the cruise symbol, switched that on. There’s also a switch next to it labelled “R+ R-”, surely that’s not for the cruise… on the bloody dash? :open_mouth: Well it doesn’t work anyway whatever the hell it is.

Any ideas? :neutral_face:

Look under the lower left edge of the steering wheel cross section when it’s centred. If you don’t know they’re there they’re easy to miss. I completely missed them the first time I had one of the previous shape Premium’s.

I seem to recall that the R+ and R- are to set your overrun speed before the exhaust brake kicks in.

EDIT- go to 1:47 in this video, you can just see the edges of the + and - buttons and CC symbol on the left edge of the steering wheel: youtube.com/watch?v=EyEEuxd9ahw

Switch exhaust brake off when using cruise.

Cheers for the help guys. There’s definitely no controls on the side of the wheel as per the vid, I searched all over the steering wheel and around and there’s no buttons relating to cruise whatsoever. The only thing I can think could do it would be on the right hand side where there’s a radio control panel thing which also navigates the menu on the dash. Will have another butchers tomorrow, can’t remember whether i had the exhaust brake off either so I’ll check that too.

Damoq has it right. I drive a 7.5 Midlum and it is as he said in his post. Press the top half of the right switch to start the system. The R+/S- is a rocker. Weird not having stalks, but it is French and it does work…

Sumsmeister, so it IS the button next to the cruise button on the dash that sets the cruise speed?

There are two buttons. One on the right is an on/off. Push the top half to switch the system on (it bleeps to confirm). Then when you are traveling at the speed you want, say 50, press and hold the top half of the R+ button, let go the throttle, then let go of the button. Hey presto! You can then increase/decrease speed with the R+/R- minus rocker. Each “click” alters the speed by half a mile an hour. Or if you hold it, it will steadily increase/decrease speed till you let go. You can switch the system off if you press the bottom half of the right hand button, or cancel it by touching the brakes, as you’d expect. The R+ button is the resume. I’ve used it down to 30 mph but don’t know if it will work slower than that.
Good luck!

Thanks mate. Sounds like an absolute ball ache. :open_mouth:

I’ve seen systems like it before and worse. If it works, it works…

Any luck?

Worked like a charm, albeit a rather awkward charm!

The “absolute balls ache” was probably the best reaction after reading the essay I wrote :open_mouth: bit long-winded. Never say a word when a sentence will do…
Bit of a stretch to the adjustment switch in a crowded motorway, gives me an ache.

After reading this I discovered what the engine button did on the dash. What reason would you have to increase the idle speed like you got foot planted to the floor?

Cruise Control:
After reading this I discovered what the engine button did on the dash. What reason would you have to increase the idle speed like you got foot planted to the floor?

Thats what it does on the maggy, oh and you may need higher rpm to run pto.

Cruise Control:

Running a PTO usually.

Cruise Control:

Warmin’ ‘er up in the mornin’?

The R± is the cruise

Push the stalk for the exhaust brake all the way off then there is a switch with like a speedo symbol and an engine with a spark through it press the speedo side that should kick in the cruiser then use the R button on the dash to up or down your speed just remember though if you so much as knock the exhaust stalk it’s turns off and you have to do it all again

Had the 18t version as my first motor